Ann @Warrnambool

Options
Ann @Warrnambool
Ann @Warrnambool Member Posts: 31
edited November 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi fellow graduates, i really enjoyed the 2 days of training, but didn't realise how out of condition i was, listening and thinking for 2 days was very tiring! I have been working on my story, those in my break out group will remeber i piked it on the day. Hadn't realsied just how render the memory was until i tried to speak it. The experience has been very clensing for me, i have had to put it down on paper and own it. Still haven't actually spoken it yet, that is the next stage, probably just to myself at first.

Visited my local Baker's Delight and got a very good reception, so looking forward to working with them during promotion times.

Spent the weekend pulling out the old gaden in our new home, then planetd all natives in its place. Enjoyed some hard physical labour, good to get out of your head at times.

If any of you are down the south coast /12 Apostles any time, please come by for a visit.

Keep well, Ann.

Tagged:

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

So good to hear from you Ann and to know you are making progress with your story - and thats what it is YOUR story.  Once you're comfortable telling it to yourself then you will be able to share it with others. 

Don't know whether it will help but try this:- instead of reading it out loud, look into a mirror, eyball the person looking back at you and tell her.  Don't worry if there is anger, frustration and tears that woman in the mirror won't mind!!!

I went to the Mildura Baker's Delight and also Sussans .... lovely helpful people at both places.

Had a "rest" day today - no footslogging campaining but did end up on the phone during the afternoon.  Heading into Mildura tomorrow, seeing my Doctor and chatting to her about Pink Ladies, visiting a masseur (Terry's cousin) who wants literature to put into her clinic and the Sunraysia Cancer Resource Centre to see if there is any way I can help there.

I agree with you about the gardening ..... that's on the agenda for Friday, unless something else crops up (pardon the pun!!!).  Would love to have the opportunity to visit .. Terry's daughter and her fiance have just bought a farm in the Horsham area and that's "just up the road" from where you are!!!

Take care of yourself ....... Shirl xxx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

So good to hear from you Ann and to know you are making progress with your story - and thats what it is YOUR story.  Once you're comfortable telling it to yourself then you will be able to share it with others. 

Don't know whether it will help but try this:- instead of reading it out loud, look into a mirror, eyball the person looking back at you and tell her.  Don't worry if there is anger, frustration and tears that woman in the mirror won't mind!!!

I went to the Mildura Baker's Delight and also Sussans .... lovely helpful people at both places.

Had a "rest" day today - no footslogging campaining but did end up on the phone during the afternoon.  Heading into Mildura tomorrow, seeing my Doctor and chatting to her about Pink Ladies, visiting a masseur (Terry's cousin) who wants literature to put into her clinic and the Sunraysia Cancer Resource Centre to see if there is any way I can help there.

I agree with you about the gardening ..... that's on the agenda for Friday, unless something else crops up (pardon the pun!!!).  Would love to have the opportunity to visit .. Terry's daughter and her fiance have just bought a farm in the Horsham area and that's "just up the road" from where you are!!!

Take care of yourself ....... Shirl xxx

• Ann @Warrnambool
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Shirl

thank you for your words of wisdom, you are right about being comfortable with my story, i am getting there.

I have been away for a few days helping my mother get her hopuse ready for sale, she will be moving into a granny flat at our place when we get it finished. She has been on her own for 21 years and she is only 75, so about time she had some company i recon!

Have you been getting the wild weather up there? We have almost been washed away here. Have managed to get outside a few times in between the rain falls. Planted some succulents in pots yesterday, they should look good when the grow.

Lots to do here, will be sending my story in to BCNA this week, just to let them check it over. Keep well, cheers, Ann.

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

well done ann, And yes it is a bit sad trying to rerun the journey, but as with all things, i sometimes feel writing it down and speaking it is also healing. and Shirley you are such a gem of a lady, and so kind to everyone. so keep up the good work. and if i am around where you two ladies live, be rest assured i will be calling in to say hi.... so great to know a brilliant bunch of women.  MoiraX

• Ann @Warrnambool
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Moira

feeling much more confident about speaking my story and i think i have my first gig! The ladies from one of the support groups in Warrnambool have asked me to speak at their meeting in October, so that should be a very 'safe' place to start.

Went to lunch yesterday and meet a lovely group of women who belong to the other support group here, more my age and very welcoming. Have been invited to walk on the beach with a couple of them that meet every sunday at 5.00pm. Also to join an excercise class, so at last i am meeting some locals on a social level.  And i will be fit!

Great to feel spring in the air here, can't wait to go for a swim, guess i have a few months left before the ice melts, cheers, Ann.