Ask the Expert: Triple Negative Early Breast Cancer with Dr Nick Zdenkowski
Good afternoon everyone,
On the 17th of February, we will be hosting an interactive digital event on triple negative, please see details below.
Triple negative breast cancer accounts for approximately 15 per cent of all breast cancers and refers to a type of breast cancer that does not have any of the three receptors commonly found in breast cancer cells – the oestrogen, progestogen and HER2 receptors.
Although triple negative breast cancer does not respond to hormone-blocking therapy or medicines that target HER2 protein receptors, chemotherapy is often used to successfully treat this form of breast cancer, with active research taking place to improve treatments to better target triple negative breast cancer.
We will hear from Medical Oncologist Nick Zdenkowski who has a special interest in the care of patients with breast cancer and offers the latest medical oncology treatments. Additionally, we will also hear from BCNA consumer representative Emma Warnecke.
This Ask the Expert session will address what triple negative is including the different subtypes, the current treatments available and the outcomes including risk of recurrence, genetic testing and implications and the clinical research trials and how to access them.
This 60-minute Zoom event is primarily interactive and after a short presentation, viewers will be able to ask questions to both Nick and Emma. Please share your questions prior to the event via the question box on the registration page, email [email protected] or during the evening via the discussion box on your screen.
If you wish to attend this event anonymously, please review the steps below:
- All cameras will be automatically turned off when you enter the event
- Questions can be asked prior to and during the event via the chat or audio function. If you wish to remain anonymous, we recommend using the chat function only
- If you wish for your name not to be shown during the event (via the chat, attendee list and camera name), please click here. This link will show you how to join the Zoom meeting anonymously
- If you’re unable to alter your name prior to the Zoom event, please click here. This link will show you how you can update your name on the night of the event
- If you’re unable to edit your name via both the links above, please reach out to a BCNA staff member via the chat function on the night of the event and we can edit it for you manually
Any questions regarding your attendance, please email [email protected] for further assistance.
Date: Thursday 17 February 2022
Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm AEDT
Where: Online – from your computer, tablet, or laptop
Your Local Time:
ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 6.00pm