Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Suspicious Bone Lesions

jackie 4
jackie 4 Member Posts: 45
edited November 2020 in Metastatic breast cancer
After having diep flap reconstruction in Feb 2019 my plastic surgeon sent me for an abdominal CT scan to check a few things out.  This appointment was in August 2020.  Had the scan. The report also sent to my GP (who is wonderful).  The last line on the report commented on suspicious areas on my spine.  He then contacted the oncology department at Monash.  No one could explain.  Got sent for a Bone Scan which showed nothing.  This was followed by a PET scan.  End result is blood tests are all fine, no lymph nodes affected, other organs fine, no breast area concerns BUT have multiple tiny lesions scattered on my bones - shoulder, spine, pelvis.  After the oncologist had consultations with other colleagues I have been given no answers.  I am now waiting for an appointment for a bone biopsy by the lesions are so small it will be difficult.  Waiting, waiting, waiting for that appointment.  Cant say I am optimistic.

By the way, still have not heard from the plastic surgeon.   
Tagged:

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,534
    Hope this last test will bring you some peace of mind @jackie 4. Hoping it’s nothing serious 🤞🤞
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959

for a good and certain answer when you have your biopsy.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,568
    A difficult time for you xx. Thinking of you ... all the best for the biopsy.  This bloody waiting SUCKS!  Xx
  • Cathyw
    Cathyw Member Posts: 117
    yes thinking of you, nothing worse than having to wait.
  • jackie 4
    jackie 4 Member Posts: 45
    Well yesterday my worst nightmare slapped me in the face.  Biopsy confirmed the lesions are cancerous.  Now for a new regime of drugs. I pick up the scripts on Monday and cant remember the names of the drugs prescribed.  One replaces letrozole (same, same but different) and another lovely one which has more possible side affects including bringing down my immune system and weakening of bones.  So multiply blood tests coming up and bone strengthening injections.  Another unpleasant task is a full dental check up.  Early days and a bit raw at the moment and head spinning.
    It certainly is a fine line between putting up with aches and pains as a side affect from letrozole and getting checked in case things are not normal.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,568
    edited December 2020
    Bugger bugger bugger @jackie 4 .... not the Xmas pressie you wanted :(  

Okay ... Deep breaths, take one day at a time, 1hr, if need be.   You can do this.  

thinking of you as you start this treatment xx. Take care xx

Whereabouts are you?  Town/city?  You can add it to your profile.  Some members may know of support groups nearby xx
  • Cathyw
    Cathyw Member Posts: 117
    Not good news, so sorry...but yep, one step at a time has worked for me...we’re here for you