Unsure of test results,,

Options
GlitterGal
GlitterGal Member Posts: 4
edited November 2020 in Newly diagnosed
Hi I have recently been through a ultrasound,mammogram,which had conflicting results then went to have a ultrasound biopsy and MRI and still no clear idea so recently had a TOMOsynthesis mammogram and VABB and got results back today,
My local outpatients have said I may have very early stage breast cancer and have booked me in for a hook wire and lump removal on dec9th, I lost my Mother to breast cancer that ended up in her liver and she survived just under 5 years and was only 40 when she passed on and I know things have changed a lot seen then but as you can imagine I am pretty worried,
All i was told that I would have to wait 2 weeks for the results and take it from there just feeling like Ive been hit by a truck,
I know lots of lovely people out there have been through much worse and I would appreciate any positive suggestions as to what to except....
Thanks so much ,god bless xx

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hi @GlitterGal and welcome.  

The "hit by a truck"  thing explains the initial stages of this perfectly.  Of course with your mum's history you have an extra bit of awfullness thrown in on top of the mess.  
    This thing is hard enough and I feel for you with the ambiguous results.  MIne was a bit like that at the beginning as well.  Have you been given access to a breast care nurse?  If not, ask for one.  These ladies are worth their weight in gold.  They can be your best advocate, explain all the medical terms in plain english, be a wealth of information and a shoulder to cry on.
    BC treatment is improving all the time and getting control of this thing early is good.  The shitty part is you don't really know what you're dealing with until it's out and tested and that involves a lot of waiting and a lot of sleepless nights.

You've come to the best place for warmth and understanding.  No body can quite "get it" like someone who's been there. 
    Lot's of love sweets.  You got this and we'll be there with you the whole way if you need us.

xoxoxoxoxo
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @GlitterGal

Best wishes to you as you navigate options and treatments

Not sure if you already have this information, these are links from the BCNA website, a wealth of information

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/treatment/surgery/types-of-surgery/

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/treatment/surgery/breast-cancer-pathology/

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/bcna-helpline/

as you mentioned your Mum's history I have put up this link, hope it helps
    https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-in-the-family/
  • GlitterGal
    Options
    Thank you so much.
  • GlitterGal
    Options
    Thanks so very much I have yet to talk to a "breast Nurse" all the hospital said is one will be in touch with you which is not a good and makes me feel like that I am just another  number to them and kind of NEXT PLEASE,,Think its maybe time to send some feedback to the hospital and tell them they need to get their act together and treat people with some kindness support and help and not just leave me hanging,,, I will look into the links suggested.Thanks so much again,, all the best to you lovely ladies ,, take care xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    The links above give you the BCNA helpline
  • Blister
    Blister Member Posts: 65
    Options
    @GlitterGal just had the hook wire procedure done about 3 weeks ago and wide excision surgery (lumpectomy), go to the links they are very helpful.  Is it possible to find out who will be your Breast Care Nurse (if you don’t already know), I know I can contact mine for reassurance and even to discuss the results with, I know with my aunt hers was fantastic as well.  Wishing all the best
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @GlitterGal These systems are not perfect. They are imperfect with some no so perfect people working for them. Which can be a challenge. Thing is, BC things do take some time to figure out and the system does take some time to kick into gear.
    I fully understand the hit by a truck thing, though for me, it felt like I was trying to dodge trucks. Just exhausting.
    In most places the breast care nurses are not full time, my recommendation is ring and ask to speak to the one attached to your service.
    It's rare for anyone to be left hanging once there is is need for action. The main thing is to realise it's in everyone's best interest for you to get prompt treatment. Out definition of prompt and theirs can be rather different.
    Hang in there. Make a couple of calls. Use your GP if you trust them. And breath. Just breath. Mxx
  • GlitterGal
    Options
    thanks everyone I have finally heard from the breast care nurse and she so far has been wonderful.I told her my concerns and she has spoken to people higher up and has now suggested another surgeon who may be a better fit for me and as she said if she had to have this he would be the one she would want doing it.She explained things much clearer and explain its a ALH at this point but be prepared incase it comes back as nasty,Fingers crossed and thank you lovely ladies for the advice and words of support it has helped,,