implants

susmot1
susmot1 Member Posts: 7
I had implants put in about 5 months ago...just very small ones, as I wanted to mimic what my natural breasts had been ...... has anyone else had  implants?  If so, how do they feel?  My breasts feel hard, and sort of numb. Is this normal ? I had expected they would feel soft and have feeling.  Could you please tell me about your experience with implants please as Im not sure how mine should be feeling.
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,542
    Hi!  
    Have you had reading material about breast reconstruction.  Here is a link to Reclaim Your Curves
    https://www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/implant-breast-reconstruction.html
    It is very informative and as to the soft feeling, numbness - No, in my case, there's nothing left of the original breast and the sensation is terribly different to the original breast tissue.
    Hopefully the link will help with you absorbing a little more information about the process you have been through.  

Take care

• susmot1
    thank you .. this is very useful.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Mine feel quite firm when I touch myself.  Over 12 months the muscle relaxes a little more and your skin softens over the area. Yes it will remain numb. You will find you can feel light touch sensation (like tickling) Just not much if squeezed.
  • susmot1
    thank you so much … yes, mine are firm and numb with a tiny bit of sensation in a small area, …. thank you so much for this info.... Im not going crazy after all.  Unfortunately my surgeon did not tell me that the firmness and numbness would be a product of the surgery, was normal, and would be there for a while..  and although I have read heaps about the surgery, the firmness and numbness was never mentioned. I cant thank you enough for this info, it has set my mind at rest ...
  • primek
    Sadly they discuss appearance but very little about this aspect. 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Hi @susmot1,
    How sad and annoying that your surgeon didn’t mention this to you. I don’t think you are alone there. Connecting with others who had had this surgery was so informative and helpful.  For me it was the hardest part about loosing my breasts. That sensation is such a sensual thing to lose. Especially during intimacy. If you would like to join our choosing breast reconstruction group here is the link. We have quite a few stories and posts from others who have had implants. 
    Take care and you aren’t going crazy. 
    Paula xx

• susmot1
    thanks Paula ,and primek,  I tried to join the group but after I put in the reason why I would like to join and pressed OK, nothing happened... so perhaps the Join option is unavailable at the moment. In any case, your information has been such a help... in desperation yesterday I went to one of our large department stores and asked the lady who does the bra fittings to  just have a look at my breasts and confirm they are wrinkled, puckered and very hard … She confirmed they are,  so with her comments, and yours,  I now know that Im not going crazy and have not imagined everything.  The thing is I just cant face any more surgery, if I was to have them corrected, so I think I will just get on with things as they are..   Im sure I will get used to them as time goes by, and Im the only one who sees them (my 30 year old son no longer lives at home) .. and Im sure there are other ladies in far worse situations than mine, so I will count my blessings !  Thank you both for your comments, you have saved my sanity!
  • primek
    @mum2jj @Chorsell  may be able to help with you joining the group. A moderator needs to accept you in and it's run by volunteer ladies so it's not instant after a request.
  • susmot1
    okey dokey mum2jj !   I will be patient and wait and see what happens !
  • mum2jj
    edited January 2020
    @susmot1 there must be a glitch which sadly happens. I can't see your request.   I will send you a request to join now and you just need to accept it, can you let me know when you do so I can be sure it works,
    Paula xx
  • susmot1
    Hi mum2jj … I clicked on Join in your email, and then clicked again on Join when the restricted site opened up …  so hopefully this has worked !...     many thanks,  susanne 
  • mum2jj
    Yep, @susmot1, you are in. :)
    @Giovanna_BCNA, just tagging you to let you know @susmot1 had trouble joining and wondering if there is again a glitch. 
    Paula:)
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hi @mum2jj
    Thanks for letting me now, will follow up with our developers
  • mum2jj
  • susmot1
    thank you ladies for your help in joining the group, it is most appreciated !
    cheers, susanne