Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Medication not available

Options
Patti J
Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
Has anyone else been told that their medication hasn't been ordered and subsequently isn't  available? That is what has happened to me this week. I was supposed to pick up my medication on Wednesday, but I  still don't  have it. I am thinking that perhaps I  am cured and don't need any more medication. 🙄

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Sorry, are you collecting it from a chemist or from somewhere else? If the medication had to be ordered by a chemist and they still don't have it when you require it, can you get it somewhere else? 
  • Patti J
    Options
    No. It is ordered through the hospital where I did my chemo. My oncologist forgot to order it. 
  • Afraser
    Options
    Ah! Back to oncologist then, bit daft of him! I once returned some medication (pain killers, unasked for and not required) to my surgeon after a short stint in hospital. He popped them in the pocket of his cargo pants. I bet they stayed there and ended up in the wash. Be nice if you didn't need the medication any more but best to check! 
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    That's terrible @Patti J  hope you will be okay until they get it in.   
  • Patti J
    Options
    I know that I  need the medication. I am facetiously thinking that I am cured. That isn't  the case. There is no point in getting upset about it. I had  been to the hospital twice last week to pick it up. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow.
  • Afraser
    Options
    Fingers crossed!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Frequently.
    With only 1 pharmacy in town with the next pharmacy 220kms down the road, I have learnt to wait v e r y patiently.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    And make sure you have 1 lot 'one month ahead', as I do wth my AIs
  • Patti J
    Options
    Unfortunately, because of the nature of the medication, I have to wait for the result of my blood tests to find out the dosage.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    You got it in one @arpie.

I have a "open one, get one" policy.
  • Patti J
    Options
    Still no medication. I certainly won't be paying for it!
  • Afraser
    Options
    Agreed, but also hope you aren't risking your health without it! 
  • Patti J
    Options
    Thanks @Afraser. I am sure everything will be all right. Just a bit disappointing. I am also glad I am not paying the $5,000 per month for this medication that I  might have been.
  • Patti J
    Options
    8 days later, I  now have my medication. The oncology pharmacist is going to make sure the next lot is ready straight away. He was very embarrassed.
  • Afraser
    Options
    Hooray!