Mastectomy 42 triple negative diagnosis

Options
Shellbelle_75
Shellbelle_75 Member Posts: 65
edited September 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Hi everyone 

I was  diagnosed on the 3rd of August I live in the south west of WA.First up I think you ladies are amazing and so very supportive.

I am a 42 yr old sole parent with a 15 and 18 yr old son,previously always a working mumma.

My eldest son has Bi Polar type 1 and my my 21 yr marriage broke down in Oct 2016,life has been pretty tough. 

But I have previously been able to muster a lot of strength and courage and plan on doing this again.

I have just had a right mastectomy and auxiliary node clearance last week.I have the triple negative factor and I am desperately wanting to connect with others who have this diagnosis.I have infiltrate lobular carcinoma original tumour was approximately 57mm’s but has turned out to be an odd shape and had a second adjoining tumour very similar size immediately behind the first one.

My mammogram was clear it was picked up in the breast ultrasound and then in more detail by the MRI. 

My only symptom was a slightly inverted right nipple.

I am waiting for my results for
lymph node involvement until the 1 St October and treatment plan. I have an extremely supportive mother who lost her youngest sister to breast cancer at 40 yrs old 22 years ago.

I have a wonderful group of friends,while I still struggle with the diagnosis I am committed to treatment and wellbeing and where ever possible supporting others.

Thankyou  in advance for reading my post  I believe knowledge is power and support from those within this circle is so very important.Which in turn I would alsways offer :)

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Hi and welcome Shellbelle, good luck with your test results :smile:
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi sorry that you find yourself here however there's lot of information to be had!  I will tag a couple of people that I think are Triple Neg and hopefully when they are online next they will be able to make contact

Take care

@onemargie
    @SoldierCrab

and I think @JJ70 is from the West
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    Thankyou ladies 
  • iserbrown
    Options
    In the meantime here's a link to the BCNA website on Triple Negative

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/types-of-breast-cancer/triple-negative-breast-cancer/

It will also give you an opportunity to explore the website and order your My Journey Kit, if you haven't got one already
    https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/my-journey-kit/order-my-journey-kit/
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Shellbelle_75 where are you in SW? I am in Perth but also have a property in Nannup that we go to a lot. Message me for ANYTHING at all. X
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    Thankyou @JJ70 I am in Busselton 
  • JJ70
    Options
    Not far...only 60km from Nannup.......if I can be of any help at all. Let me know. I am happy to drive up to see you, have a coffee and a chat next time I am down there...which won't be until end of October at this stage - so busy with stuff at the moment.

• JJ70
    Options
    I am not Triple Neg, I am E+...but if you need to talk to a fellow warrior in the flesh...let me know. Sometimes, as lovely as our friends are and as supportive as they can be, only a fellow warrior can have the depth of understanding.
  • JJ70
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you @iserbrown for making the connection here. x
  • iserbrown
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You're welcome!  Even though you're not Tripe Neg you are a cancer warrior that lives much closer than me.  It always makes a diff when you can connect face to face with someone!

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Good on you for reaching out @Shellbelle_75. People like @JJ70 make all this more bearable. You can talk about whatever you are feeling & there’s always someone willing to listen & chat. Take care xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm not Triple Neg but had ILC.  No symptoms just picked up in a screening mammogram.  4.5mm with 3 nodes so have had mastectomy, axillary dissection, chemo and rads - now on Letrozole. It's a shock to the system, isn't it?  Anyway, welcome to this site!
  • Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    Options

I've also recently been diagnosed with triple negative, mine is ductal.  I was completely terrified and overwhelmed to begin with but after seeing my Oncologist and starting chemo I'm feeling much more at ease.  I have learned that while some of the other targeted treatments won't work for us we often respond really well to chemo.

Good luck with the results next week.  The waiting can be painful but you'll have a plan in place soon enough and you'll feel so much better.
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    Thankyou @Mantis I do believe you I think I just need to feel some of my ducks are lined up in a row.
    the feeling of why me is still strong but also I just want to get rid of it out of my body as I have so very much to live for