Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

HELP!!!

Options
Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
edited September 2018 in Metastatic breast cancer
@wendy_h67 ....... can you help me calm down???... this abraxane thing, I need you advice.... I saw you have gone down this road a couple of times... Cate

OR... can anyone else offer me some wisdom???

Comments

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Cate, so good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you are starting Abraxane,  it can tie you down a bit going back to IV. chemo., but in saying that you can still feel well enough to get away for a holiday. You are such a strong person, running all thoes marathons while on Xeloda so you can do this. The chemo does not take that long to give.  I think that I was in and out within 45 minutes. I coped fairly well on it , but the anti nausea drug they give you in the drip , may cause constipation.  I think I should have shares in the Coloxy company. A  good healthy diet with plenty of fibre helps. I didn't feel nauseated may be a little tired. It didn't stop me from going out for coffee or lunch with friends. I'm an old lady of 72 ,so if I coped so will you .  At present I'm . On Eribulin IV which is easy to cope with.Have been on it since February but my recent scans  show a couple of new bone mets.in the skull bones and pelvic area. My oncologist is giving me a few more months before repeating the scans. She said I might have to change chemo treatment again. What a bummer.! If so I plan to have a holiday first. Hope things go well for you . When do you start your treatment and have you got a port. ..? Sending you hugs .
  • Cate64
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @wendy_h67 thank you :) I started 25/07, have had 3 cycles, mine is every 3 weeks  & to be totally honest I am finding this more difficult than the AC.
    Im not sure if its the Abraxance thats making me feel tired or whether in suffering anxiety/depression thats making me so hysterical at the moment.
    My tm's were increased 2 weeks after first infusion but... having said that the oncologist did say dont be surprised if they are because there was more than 2 weeks between the last test & first chemo.
    & as I have an oncology appointment this week & I am terrified my bloods wont be good & they will tell me I cant go to Hawaii next month.
    I am so not Xena at this very moment.
    oh, yes, I have a port..

• wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi @wendy_h67 and @cate64, so sorry to hear cate that you are now having to have abraxane, I have not had it so cannot comment,although it is something I will have to look forward later up the track, I guess that the anxiety that you are feeling cate, would go a long way to why you are feeling tired, just something new that you have to get your head around, a holiday to hawaii sounds just what you need, and I really really hope that all is okay for that, your oncologist must know how much this means and perhaps there is a way around it for a short period of time so you can enjoy yourself,
    and wendy hello,so pleased to hear that you also are chugging along nicely,and I read that you are planning a trip to Tassie again,and as for being an old lady of 72, rubbish,I want to get to 72 so have 9 years to go and then you will be a grand old lady of 81, like you, my time is spent just living life in the slow lane, its my new normal, I enjoy coffee with friends and family functions, I am waiting to have scans on the 16th of October, this time they are including  my brain, good luck with that!, I have enlarged lymph nodes in my chest wall and belly, not what I wanted to hear, but will know more on the 18th of October when I get the results, my oncologist has already prepared me for this and that I finally will have to give up on the xeloda,
    he is talking about changing me to Vinoralbine it comes both as an IV infusion and a tablet form, yippee for me he will try the tablet form, its a hard road that we travel, and we are all in the same boat, just travelling at different speeds!!!,and never mind about xena she is allowed some time off too, so ladies, its bloody windy outside, it would blow the hairs out of my nose if I had any! my partner has just gone shopping, and I will make myself comfy on the lounge,take care, both of you,
    wendy55
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

Best wishes to all going through this! It's a so and so!  Hopefully the drug regime will allow the body to adjust and bring comfort
    Take care and rest assured the rest of us are willing you all along to a better outcome
    Cate, hope you find energy to continue the running
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Fiona2 my my most amazing running friend, thank you for reaching out 😀 
    I am still on the running track albeit that i am a bit slow at the moment. I am trying to catry on as usual though i am not finding it very easy, thinking maybe a touch of depression might gave set in. I must fjnd a way out of it.... thinking Hawaii!!
    Would love a catch up oiver coffee one day.
    Cate
  • JeanMargaret
    JeanMargaret Member Posts: 15
    Options
    @Cate64 I'm in awe of anybody running (Xeloda reduces me to a shuffle), it must be so good to get the body moving.  Hawaii sounds fantastic, lava flows excepted. I hope you have a decent holiday.  Good luck with your new treatment.

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Great news  Cate64 hope you have a fantastic holiday !
  • Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    hey Cate, so happy to hear that things are looking a lot brighter.  You go and enjoy Hawaii and in the meantime, I will keep the running track warm for you (a few kms in the Melb Marathon). Looking forward to catching up some time on your return.
    Fiona
  • Cate64
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Fiona2 I am registered for Melb Mara 5km but its the same day as I fly to Hawaii so now cant run it. My son is doing his first Full @ MM.... watch for the bearded one wearing a bra as he raises money for BC research... Cate
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Have a fantastic holiday @Cate64