Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Hello Out There

Options
wendy55
wendy55 Member Posts: 774
edited August 2018 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi to all the lovely ladies in this group, not much has been happening lately so thought I would put a shout out to everyone and see how we are all travelling, I understand how hard it is and that we all just have to get on with our lives as best we can, its just that there hasnt been much activity here lately so thought I would put up a post asking how everyone was, its nearly spring time and that always 
makes me feel better, bulbs pushing their heads up, new growth, time to think about spring cleaning, not! anyway, hope that you are all well, and if anything interesting or funny or anything at all, please just drop in and let us know how you are.
wendy55
Tagged:

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Zoffiel congrats on the job - that’s great news xo
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hi @Wendy55 What a lovely post!  Not much here that people don't know but...3 more days of radiation, finally got to take my girls clothes shopping (as an experience not just as a necessity), and got out in the garden today and hoed and hoed and hoed.  I now have a massive pile of weeds (and the odd plant that didn't make it through) and although there are still some weeds in the biggest garden bed, it looks like a garden, now.  No doubt I'll pay for it tomorrow.  I might just pick up some new plants as well so that they can get established before the hot weather gets here.

@Zoffiel Good luck for tomorrow @zoffiel - bright red lippy always does the trick!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Bon voyage! K xox

• Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    @Zoffiel congratulations! xx
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hi @wendy55,

Lovely post and thanks for asking.  Just about coming up to my two year scans and feeling pretty good (Tamoxifen SE apart)  In October we are heading to Rainbow Beach for the annual Dirty Down Under 4X4 Pink Beach run.  I cannot wait.  There are about 500 cars going and last year they raised over $50 000 for BC.

I am not sure whether or not a facebook link will work from her (my tech abilities are not fabulous)  but it is a video to music of the last few years runs title 99Words for boobs to the tune of  99 Luft Balloons.  If you can't see it and would like to I have shared it on my FB group.  "Breast cancer...winning the booby prize."

https://www.facebook.com/4x4pinkrun/videos/311554369667742/

All the best lovely.  And congrats on the new job @Zoffiel.  Sounds like it will suit you.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Hi @wendy55 thanks for asking , as good as could be here , love that you got in the garden I need to do that too! 

Extraordinary week for me this week 
    Friday will likely be my last day at my current job after 25 years !
    Going on extended leave until April to help look after my unwell 85 year old dad . 
    Usually this would include a holiday but we've had to put that on hold for now . 
    So more time for me & my garden , photography & walks @kmakm
    lovely lunch at a winery today a gift from my eldest son & his partner .
    Their new puppy made us smile this week after the sad death of our cat ! 
    So mixed bag of happenings here ! 
    Go @ Zoffiel have a great day at work tomorrow! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Puppies are absurdly cute. Does it have a name yet @tigerbeth?
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Mr noname still @kmakm !!
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    All the best @Zoffiel for your first day in a new role- how exciting
  • Piccme
    Piccme Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Congratulations @Zoffiel, financial limitations after treatment of this disease feel like a double whammy. Hard to tick things off the to do list. It’s also great to get affirmation about your valuable skills. Just hope it doesn’t interfere with your book writing ;)
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Best wishes for the training and the new job!