Insight on SBS - exercise

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited July 2018 in Health and wellbeing
I watched the second part of the exercise Insight programme on SBS last night.  I have seen it before (it was a repeat) but amazing how differently I viewed it this time.  The first time I saw it, I was interested - this time I watched it as a survivor.
Tagged:

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    @Sister I saw it for the first time and was mightily impressed
  • Mischa
    Mischa Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I am finally getting my energy back after chemo/surgery/radiotherapy finished 3 months ago (still on herceptin till October). I have kept walking during the whole time - it often didn't make me feel better though I kept going as the research studies are so strongly positive about the benefits of exercise for cancer survivors.
    However, going to a gym is really not my thing!
    I would like to share a great site from Johns Hopkins that has a number of exercise videos for breast cancer survivors that I can do at home very easily. They are 15-20 min each (you could do one after another but I'm not there yet!). The instructor goes through different variations so they work for all levels of fitness. They cover cardio/strength/core/yoga and chair exercises -- which is the right mix of what is recommended for us. Add in a walk a week and I am achieving the target of 3 hours of exercise a week.

Here is the link:
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/kimmel_cancer_center/centers/breast_cancer_program/treatment_and_services/exercise_and_breast_cancer.html

• Jen79x
    Jen79x Member Posts: 125
    @Sister is that the exercise pill on sbs ? I must watch it !
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    That's the one!
  • Jen001
    Jen001 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for sharing.  I've been doing lots of power walking, but as the weather in Melbourne is miserable, I'll start with the first video in the morning!  Thank you again!!!