Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

IT'S SCAN TIME AGAIN....

Options
Kari_2015
Kari_2015 Member Posts: 107
edited March 2018 in Metastatic breast cancer
It has been about 8 months since my last CT scan (and over 2 years since my last full strength chemo) to see what "marvin the met" has been doing in my vertebrae. Going for regular treatment, blood tests, heart scans etc everyone around me is now pretty used to it and thinks nothing much about it anymore.  I know you guys will understand that this is a BIG thing for me, I always wonder and half expect that the longer it has been since the chemo combined with the longer I have been on herceptin that the chances of more appearing is increasing.  The onc has also added brain into this scan, hopefully it isn't because he thinks something is missing up top! lol  Anyway, as much as I want to have the scan and confirm nothing has changed, there is also that element of "i'd rather not know" if it is going to be bad news.  Lets just hope that Marvin hasn't been playing up and reproducing.   :D

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Good luck  @Kari_2015.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Wishing you well with your upcoming scans!  Here's hoping they are shrinking!  Marvin really needs to take a hike!
    Take care
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Such a mind and emotion player the ongoing stuff is  Never quite there, never quite done, never really over for us  Thinking of you and praying for calm amidst this anxious time xo
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Hi @Kari_2015. To date, I am fortunate enough to remain an "early stager", so can't begin to know how you feel coming up to your scans. I can only think of how I feel, leading up to my annual mammogram & ultrasound.
    I will be thinking of you, and hoping Marvin has been remaining stable, at worst, or shrinking, at best
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi Kari all the best for a positive stable report 
    Bright in hope
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Yep dont love 'Scanixety' Hang in there I know how you feel.  You can do this. x
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Good luck with it @Kari_2015 - such an anxious time.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @Kari_2015 more like Marvin the menace! Let’s hope he’s behaved himself the rotten little bugger. Thinking of you love. Biggest hug. Margie. Xx
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    @Kari_2015, Best wishes for your scan results and rack off to Marvin the Met.
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi @Kari_2015. I know how you are feeling. I am booked in for a CT scan this Thursday to see what my pesky mets are doing. To everyone else I appear calm. But inside I am anxious. Scanxiety is kicking in! Good luck with your test. By the way I love that you have named your mets "Marvin the mets" - very funny..

Ange xx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Kari_2015, @angg66 hoping all goes well with your scans and the results!