Bad day

Options
Molly001
Molly001 Member Posts: 419
Another bad day. Seem to be having a lot of them lately. I had imagined getting to the end of treatment, getting back to some kind of normal, work, a little happiness etc but just not the case. I've been in fatigue denial, telling myself that delayed post treatment tiredness wasn't going to get me, but I'm soooo flat. Worst of all I'm stuck in a really bad relationship that I have desperately wanted to get out of since before treatment but I have no idea how to go about that and no energy to deal with the emotional and mental BS that comes with that. I'm not being treated well but there are two gorgeous kids involved, and it's complicated. F U world, F U cancer. I need a break.

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Hi @Molly001
    Hey, girl, don't be so hard on yourself.
    It is amazing how some days we just cannot get ourselves out of the flat mood, isn't it ?
    You seem to have a lot on your mind - do you have someone to talk to, someone fairly independent ?  Perhaps you can see a counselor who can work through your issues with you and set some plans into action ?
    Thinking of you
    Summer  :-)
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Molly001 your post suggests you are stressed to the max!  I am sorry that you feel so down with everything.  Your comment "I need a break".............don't know where you are but have you had a look at the Otis Foundation?

http://www.otisfoundation.org.au/

It's free - and if you can arrange a break with them it may give you time just to breathe and rejuvenate yourself to hopefully bring back some normality into your life..............

Don't be too hard on yourself!  Try and make some "me" time and hopefully a free break away may help

Take care

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hi @Molly001,

Sorry to hear that you are having a bad day. 
    You may like to call Breast Cancer Network Australia's helpline and speak with one of our nurses.
    The number is 1800 500 258, we are open till 9 pm tonight.

Take care
    regards
    Giovanna
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Hey Molly,

A break is doable if you have the time and follow iserbrown's suggestion. You only pay for your travel and food--the properties are self cater so you can keep the costs really low.

If you have a timeframe, give them a ring and ask what houses are available or put yourself on the list for the property of your choice. Sounds too good to be true, but this is a foundation which has been set up specifically to give BC patients access to a holiday. I've used them twice and it's been fantastic.

It's the closest thing to running away without actually running away. Some breathing space may make you feel a bit more like putting your metaphorical runners on and getting a good trot up while putting a few things behind you.

Keep going, there will be a less shitty day ahead, I hope it's tomorrow. Marg xxx

• Molly001
    Options
    Thank you ladies. It's nice to have a listening ear. It's just a bad day and I'll almost certainly be brighter tomorrow. I'm usually a fairly tough chicky, but we all need to not quite hold it together sometimes. I know I need to change my situation, but I've been feeling so tired it's a bit overwhelming at times. I need to be patient and wait til I'm in a place where I'm able to take those challenges on. In the mean time I think you're right about some kind of counselling to help me get an action plan in place and have emotional support available. An Otis retreat would be lovely, but I don't want to go with the other half and going alone will likely cause drama. I will keep it in mind for future. I'll have a good cleansing cry tonight and put my big girl panties back on in the morning. Thanks again for lustening and responding. It's very comforting xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Do you have a sister or girlfriend that you can have the break with? Hope tomorrow is a better day.  Take advantage of what's available where you can. Start with BCNA counselling.  Good luck!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Number one, look after you. You have been through a trauma and it doesn't get better over night. Be patient. Sending lots of hugz <3

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Im 5 years post and l went through that stage everything in life was good but l just felt shit about everything. I tried to be like super woman the whole treatment and l think it just caught up . I ended up taking time of and had a good rest that helped. Xxx
  • Molly001
    Options
    Thank you xxxoo