Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Great weekend

Options
angg66
angg66 Member Posts: 188
Hi all, 

Yesterday I went to see my team, the Richmond Tigers in the AFL Grand Final. The Tigers had not won the flag for 37 years. Well we one it. I am so happy! The last 2 years has been hard for me as I was diagnosed with Metastatic breast cancer. I've been in hospital several times, had numerous test, done chemo & radiotherapy. My life has revolved around the next test or next oncologist appointment. But this weekend for around 4 hours as I watched my Tigers, I felt "normal" for the first time in a while. I didn't think about cancer at all. I was living in the moment! I wish this feeling would last longer but have an oncologist appointment this Wednesday.
Ange xx

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Hey @angg66, I'm glad you enjoyed the game and just for a little while , forget about cancer. 
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi Ange
    My husband and son were unable to get tickets to the game but I did manage to get them tickets to Punt Road. They had the time of their lives and when they took a selfie and sent it too me I realised that I had not seen my husband smile like that in so long. This disease takes it toll on everyone around us and it was great to see my husband and son able to have such a fantastic moment without a hint of cancer. Myself and our other 3 children are all Geelong supporters so we have had our turn and we're more than happy to cheer the Tigers home. I hope you enjoy the celebrations just for a little longer over the next week.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there Ange so happy you got to see the tigers win. Although my hubby and son are Adelaide crows supporters so not so lucky for them ! But to be honest Richmond simply played better on the day. And yes prolly the whole bc thing affects everyone around us doesn't it and it such a shitty thing but that moment you had at the footy Ange to feel that normailty...... it's just priceless isn't it. And prolly to see the pic at punt road... just awesome too Sending you both the biggest hug. Margie❤️
  • Scooper
    Scooper Member Posts: 113
    Options
    That's awesome Ange. They played so well and deserved to win. I am an Essendon supporter and member so I understand how excited you would have been. So glad for you and all my Richmond supporter friends. Go Bombers in 2018. Xxxxxxx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey @angg66, Congratulations to the Tigers on their win and how brilliant that you were there to enjoy it!! Do you have a voice today?? 
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi @socoda. My voice is very hoarse. I've lost count the number of times I've sung the Richmond theme song & watched the replay since Saturday! I am still enjoying the win. My husband (who is a Collingwood supporter) is getting a bit sick of it all.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Bwahahaha!!! Love it Angg66 - I think the celebrations should go on at least until Christmas!!!  I'm an ex-vic and still remember the Richmond boys coming out to my primary school to teach us how to play. So very happy for them and you. ;)