Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Back on I.V Abraxane

Options
wendy_h67
wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
Just come home after having my first dose of I.V Abraxaine and feeling fine so far. This was my first visit back to the oncology ward in nearly five years. Some of the nures were still there after that time but everyone was very pleasant. It took 3 goes to find a vien which brought back bad memories.  Thank God I'm getting a port a cath put in on Tuesday. This old girl's viens have definitely had it after all the chemo Ive had over the years. My second dose will not be until after Christmas so that is a blessing. I would like to wish everyone a happy Christmas  hoping you are well enough to enjoy your day! Love to you all Wendy.

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    So good it was a 5 year break. Hope all goes well with treatment and yeah to the portacath...certainly makes it much less stressful.
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Hi @wendy h 67 I hope all goes well tomorrow with the portacath. We will be thinking of you xx
  • wendy_h67
    Options
    Thank you . After having I.V chemo last Friday and the nurses having trouble finding a vien I am looking forward to the porta cath . It will be like a Christmas present.lol.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Heres to some necessary chemo and then another 5 years off for you. <3
  • kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Hope all goes well with the portacath. I couldn't be without mine as I have terrible veins. As Brenda5 says hope after some necessary chemo you get another 5 years off!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi @Wendy h 67, How did you go with your portacath?
  • wendy_h67
    Options
    Today is a better day. Yesterday I had the portacath put in and I was first on the surgeon list which was good so buy mid day I was allowed to go home.  I hadn't been home long when I started shivering and uncontrollably shakes .I took my temp and it was up ,so I took some Panadol and extra fluids as it was a hot day.  The result was a large vomit and the shakes continued.  Back to the hospital I went and they kept me there for another 4 hours for observation .  Temp came down with the help of some Nurofen so I could go home. I saw my oncologist this morning and she said it was probably an effect from the anesthetic.  She gave me more dates for my chemo. At least I don't have to have any more until 28th of December so I can enjoy Christmas.  Love to you all Wendy 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Great news on a break until the 28th.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Wendy, good to hear today is better. Wishing you an uneventfu,l beautiful Christmas and hope you get spoilt by Santa Xx
  • wendy_h67
    Options
    Thank you so much. Wishing you and everyone a wonderful Christmas