Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Fulvestrant/Faslodex

Options
angg66
angg66 Member Posts: 188
Hi ladies,

Saw my oncologist today & he wants to put me on Faslodex injections. Is anyone else having these injections and any side effects?

Thanks
Ange

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Hi @angg66 I found some information here that may help you out -  http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/search?Search=Faslodex+injections.
  • angg66
    Options
    Thanks Ann-Marie.. 
  • sunandsaltwater
    sunandsaltwater Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi angg66 I've been getting Faslodex injections for 8 months so far. Injections in both buttocks every 4 weeks. The only side effect I've noticed is sometimes one or the other buttock is a bit tender - sometimes the nurse accidentally leaves a bruise. But she does it high enough so it's not injected into the 'sitting' part of the bottom!
    So far, so good. I had to pay $817 each month for the first 3 months, thereafter it is $38.50. Still not on the PBS!!
    Let us know how you go with them, I wish you luck.
  • angg66
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I had my first Faslodex injections last Friday. On the Saturday I woke up with a massive headache, an upset stomach & tiredness. Not sure whether these were all the side effects of the injection or because I also had a cold last week & I've been so busy preparing for Xmas. Next shots due in two weeks. Let's see what happens!

Ange