Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Mets to Omentum and bones

Options
Hi everyone, today I was given my Stage IV diagnosis after a biopsy revealed mets to the Omentum and bones. I fluctuate between crying , being angry, being sad and more crying .  I hope to be in a better head space in a few days time when I've stopped wallowing in self pity.

I was initially diagnosed with ILC in 2009 and had a mastectomy of the left breast, and a year later  a prophylactic mastectomy of the right and a double reconstruction. I had six rounds of chemo and 25 rads. I have been on Tamoxifen since then. 
The OC said today the Tamoxifen has stopped working. Apparently surgery is not an option and chemo should be kept in reserve. So I'm starting on three new hormone therapies ( two are tablets and one is a monthly injection). 
I would really like to hear from anyone who has also had ILC with mets to the Omentum. I'm interested in what treatment you had/ are having? Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    No information but so sorry for your diagnosis. A shock too I expect after all this time. Hope the new treatment goes well.
  • Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Options
    So sorry.  I think it's not wallowing in self pity.  It's grieving and shock.  No need to put yourself and your feelings down,  wishing you the best of luck.  KAren 
  • Rachel01
    Rachel01 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    I wish you all the best with your treatment x
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    My dad is 76 and had testicular cancer and pancreatic cancer 14yrs ago. Its back now in his bones and they are blasting him with the same chemo I had for bc. He is doing alright now and some meds were making him very tired but they changed the time for him to take them and he is a lot better.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Hi @maggie001
     What a shock for you ... YOU have a right to be sad angry and vent all you want girl you been through the wringer and now you have been handed more...  I have no answers regarding your questions but want to say that I am here and listening and sending you energy to cope with this news and the journey ahead... you know you  have picked yourself up and done this stuff before ... but please allow the emotions to surface and grieve as you need to... this changes it again and any of us would be in shock if it was ourselves... 
    sending you love and hugs and energy to allow the grieving to surface. 
    Soldier Crab

• Debza
    Debza Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi Karen I can't advise but I  will be thinking of you, cry it out get pissed off then proceed with treatment as you have done it before and you will do it again.Sounds like stiff upper lip,but I have confidence in you.We are all here for you to vent so please feel free to do that at any time.I really feel for you,hugs and positive thoughts to you debxa
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @maggie001 I just wanted to let you know we have a group - Living with metastatic breast cancer, you may be interested in joining. 
  • maggie001
    maggie001 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks Anne-Marie, I have been reading many of the threads and I will join- what a great bunch of strong, insightful women, cheers Judy
  • maggie001
    maggie001 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Anne-Marie, I tried to join the Living with metastatic breast cancer group but have mot yet been given access? Not sure what else to do cheers Judy 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited October 2016
    Options

maggie001 said:

Hi Anne-Marie, I tried to join the Living with metastatic breast cancer group but have mot yet been given access? Not sure what else to do cheers Judy 

@Ann-Marie_BCNA ...not sure if you saw this
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    So many helpful women on this site, so much support. Thinking of you asyou start this new path,  maggie001. Take care, Lyn