Introduction - saying hi :)

Options
Mbis3875
Mbis3875 Member Posts: 0
edited October 2016 in General discussion

Hi all,

Have popped on here a couple of times and have finally gotten around to signing up so I can post.

I was diagnosed on April Fools day 2016 with stage 3 breast cancer. I've had 2 rounds of FEC with another 2 to go and then I'm onto D for 4 rounds. Then it's a bilateral mastectomy and then radiation, so an interesting year ahead :)

Coping with what has been thrown at me well and apart from 3 shitty days after treatment my life is pretty close to 'normal', I'm still working in the office of our business full time, running around after 2 kids and hitting the gym regularly. This was a big concern of mine leading up to treatment that my active life pre cancer would be no more....so have hope newly diagnosed ladies!!!! I believe being as strong as I was leading up to this has been a huge help in recovery after each round.

Look forward to getting to know you all :)

Stay strong, positive and happy and keep living life.....this will not be how your story ends x.

Comments

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi and welcome,

If you have any queries, just ask!  You have a great attitude which my MO says definitely helps.  Chemo is doable, but it's not a walk in the park.  I agree that exercise helps throughout treatment.  Even on my worst days I went for a walk or used the treadmill in the gym instead.  Chemo can cause a bit of weight gain, but it soon comes off again.

When you have surgery you will get the pathology on your Stage & Grade. I was stage 2A, grade 3 (aggressive).  However that was 4 years ago and life is back to normal - or new normal - and I feel great.  (I had bilateral surgery/chemo/rads in 2012).

We seem to take a year off normal living with treatment, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Keep up the wonderful positivity!  One day at a time - don't look too far ahead - it passes surprisingly fast once you are on the roller coaster!  Big hug.  x Michelle

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited May 2016
    Options

Sorry - you posted that you were stage 3 - have you had some surgery already?  x Michelle

• San-Dee
    San-Dee Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hello,

Good to hear you are doing so well and that you have decided to join the site.

Looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Take care,

San-Dee

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi and welcome to the network. Glad that you are exercising as it does help you not only as a distraction, but it also keeps you strong through all the treatment and surgery. Keep on keeping on.... Sending you a big cuddle, Trace ??????????

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited May 2016
    Options

Great attitude is half the battle but pamper yourself to. I'm 4 years down the track. Would I have done things differently. Yes! I would have taken more time of and rested and not tried to be superwoman , but I did what I did and was still happy regards adean xx

• Mbis3875
    Mbis3875 Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thanks ladies:)

I had core biopsies done on the tumour and nearby lymph nodes, that was a fun experience, have been dealing with cellulitis in the right breast ever since! Keeping it under control with antibiotics.

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi, and welcome.  There are more  & more of us having chemo before surgery which i think is a good option. I finished all my active treatment in January.  

Hope chemo continues to be reasonable fore you. I had 3 FEC and 3 D. Finishing chemo was a great day.

Take care, L