Wednesday Workouts - Week 4

Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
edited February 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone,

How is your week going? My plan today for week 4 of our 6 week Wednesday workouts, is to take the BCNA group outdoors for another session.  The 45min session today will include a warmup, 2 blocks of work that go for 3mins with 90secs rest x 2, then a circuit of 10 exercises. Today we will use some resistance bands for the core and stretch part at the end.

The sun is shining in Melbourne and I am really looking forward to heading outdoors.

Do you have a specific workout that you love?

~Ann-Marie

Comments

• deh
    deh Member Posts: 79
    edited February 2016

Hi Ann-Marie

Glad you're all getting fit and active. Summer's a great season for it!

My favourite workout is a water exercise sequence called Metaqua which really works for me. It's an overall workout (can last from 30 mins to an hour - it's up to you). It isolates different muscle groups, using flippers and kickboard or noodle ring for support, while moving up and down the pool. 

I love the variety and challenges with Metaqua, starting with 12 basic exercises and progressively adding harder ones as you get fitter and stronger. Exercises have interesting names too - like Mermaid, Sting Ray, Yabby and Briefcase.

The water is so relaxing - and kind to any tired muscles! I've done these workouts on my own but it's definitely more fun doing with a small group - as you can chat, laugh and encourage each other during each session.

Anyone interested in finding out more about Metaqua is welcome to contact me - or just browse online. It's worth a try!

Enjoy staying active and well!

Di

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2016

Hi Di,

I just checked the website and It looks fantastic. Is it just in Coffs Harbour?

• deh
    edited February 2016

Hi again Ann-Marie

Will check with local Metaqua instructor about programs currently running in places other than Coffs Harbour.

Will also check if an instructional DVD resource is available in case anyone else is interested.

Will catch up again soon.

Di

• deh
    edited February 2016

Hi Ann-Marie

Just wanted to share more info about Metaqua exercises.

Sally Walsh developed the program and is based in Coffs Harbour. She has helped many breast cancer patients with their recovery. She would love to help more.

Sally trains and licences other Metaqua instructors. Currently they are mostly in NSW (Coffs Harbour,Tenterfield, Glen Innes, Armidale, Forbes and Cowra), plus one in Qld (Stanthorpe). She hopes to have pograms in Brisbane soon, too.

There is a Metaqua DVD that covers 7 of the 20 basic.exercises available to buy via Metaqua's website. However it's probably best that Metaqua is initially taught by an instructor.

Sally is always interested in starting new programs (anywhere!) and runs training workshops on request ( Ph 0418622696)..Am unsure of costs involved. Her contact is
    Mobile 0418 622 696.

Hope your Wednesday workouts still going well. have fun!

Di