self massage

maryroset1
maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi ladies

I have mild lymphodema in my boob and slightly in my arm as well. I have been self massaging twice a day now for close to 18 months now and starting to get a sore elbow from all the exercise my arm is getting.

Has any one else experienced this and if so any ideas on what to do about it.

Maryrose 

Comments

• HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    edited January 2016

Hi Maryrose  Unbelievable isn't it - one thing leads to another.  I still have mild fluid in the boob and maybe the arm,  up to about 6 mnths ago I was doing the same.  Then I stopped, you massage away the fluid and its very quickly back!!!  And the boob was often a little painful to boot!!  Currently my last mammo showed the fluid is slowly receding in the boob and after not massaging I have no pain.  If I use my arm too much (pruning) the numbness etc comes back, but just do some stretching to alleviate.  I had a little hand held massager that was good - maybe that would help.  

Pam

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2016

Thanks Pam 

Its a bummer. I need to keep up the massage in the boob as i feel uncomfortable otherwise. The elbow isnt too bad yet but unfortunately massaging twice a day will continue to aggrevate it. I started arimidex this week and not sure if its a subconscious thing but my elbow aches more than usual. Hoping the glucosamine and krill oil will help and thinking maybe some physio too.

Maryrose

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2016

There are two little sets of 2 lymph nodes top and bottom of your elbow right near the sticking out bone joint. They could be trying to do much of the work themselves and they are limited. Best idea is to elevate that arm as much as you can and try to send the lymph stuff back the other way. It might make the joint pains a lot less. You could investigate Rose Hip capsules as well. Rather expensive but the results on man and animals has been startlingly good and it doesn't seem to mess up any other dietary intakes either.