Forum Discussion
Shelleyc
6 years agoMember
Worries/Questions regarding Mastectomy
Hello, I wasn't sure which section to place my question in so I went with newly diagnosed (hope that was ok). I am 56 and was diagnosed with Stage 3 HER2+ and ER+ breast cancer in July 2019. I had a...
Shelleyc
6 years agoMember
I saw the Surgeon this week and I have decided that I will go ahead with the double mastectomy. I have accepted that at this moment in time surgery does give me the best chance to help stop the cancer recurring (although I know it's not a guarantee). I want to move ahead with my life. But like Blossom1961 I will probably decline radio, partially because the surgeon has said I need it but the oncologist said that she didn't think I did and as it brings with it the possible increase in lymphedema and not being able to have a reconstruction, but I will wait until I get the results from the surgery.