Forum Discussion
jomaree
7 years agoMember
newly diagnosed
New to this so not sure if i'm in the right place. Diagnosed in October, have had 2 surgeries. Lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy and 2 weeks ago axiliary dissection. Have seen the medical oncologist...
kmakm
7 years agoMember
Hi @jomaree. If you have the financial wherewithal, you could ask your oncologist about doing a genomic test. This looks specifically at your tumour to see if chemotherapy would have a curative effect if some cells have escaped and are looking to grow elsewhere in your body. On the surface of it, my cancer did not warrant chemo, but given the strong family history and my curcumstances, my oncologist thought it would be worth it. I did the test, it indicated chemo would be of benefit, so I went ahead and did it. Not fun, but no regrets. I never wanted to have a 'what if'. This time last year I was waiting for the results. All the best with your decision. K xox