Forum Discussion
Kcteds
8 years agoMember
Just been diagnosed
how do we decide what to do.Is going public really going to be longer than going private.Read some info that out of pocket could be up to $12000 ,worried that I won’t be able to afford that amount.
Kcteds
8 years agoMember
Yes radiation means you have to wait until it’s finished,before you can consider reconstruction.
luckily I don’t need radiation but have to decide if I want reconstruction so I can book in my mastectomy.I will know a bit more tomorrow as I intend to ring my health fund to see if they have a surgeon that has agreed to not charge a gap.If they don’t know ,then I’ll try to get into the public system and have both mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time.Thanks for the reply as I am lost with what’s the best thing to do,and I just want to get it over with as soon as possible and start recovering,in saying that I don’t want to rush too fast that I may miss an option that may be available to me.Stressing and worried and trying to understand everything is getting me down.
luckily I don’t need radiation but have to decide if I want reconstruction so I can book in my mastectomy.I will know a bit more tomorrow as I intend to ring my health fund to see if they have a surgeon that has agreed to not charge a gap.If they don’t know ,then I’ll try to get into the public system and have both mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time.Thanks for the reply as I am lost with what’s the best thing to do,and I just want to get it over with as soon as possible and start recovering,in saying that I don’t want to rush too fast that I may miss an option that may be available to me.Stressing and worried and trying to understand everything is getting me down.