Forum Discussion
Sue_Jones
10 years agoMember
Radiation Tips and Advice PLEASE!
Good afternoon lovely ladies!
So we saw the radio oncologist on Tuesdy and it was an interesting discussion. There is only a very small difference in the chances of breast cancer coming back in the...
Cook65
10 years agoMember
Hi Sue
it is a very difficult decision deciding which way to go. I initially told the surgeon I wanted both breasts gone. My first reaction was just to get the cancer out if me. I had grade 3 stage 1. He was happy to do this if I wished but wanted to let me know that mastectomy would only reduce my chance of a reoccurrence by 1% and that due to other health issues I have, put me at a much higher risk of complications. The thing is, we all make decisions of our treatment based on probabilities. There are no guarantees. What ever you decide to do, you need to know that you can live comfortably with the decisions that you have made. Ask lots of questions and read up so that you can make an educated decision.
I used QV cream whilst having radiotherapy and had very few problems with my skin. Good luck with whatever way you decide to go. Karen xoxox