Forum Discussion
Atmese
12 years agoMember
Chemo or not
I visited the medical oncologist yesterday. Went in confident I was not going down the chemo path. Now I am unsure and need to make a decision by Monday before starting radiation. The visit was inform...
Atmese
12 years agoMember
I decided against chemo. Maybe it would be different if I was a young woman with little children. I went to the GP and had a discussion before letting the oncologist know. The difference in risk was low. Karen, I did read your post and it was informative, thanks. If it comes back down the track I will never know if it was because of not having the chemo or I was just one of those who was going to get it anyway.
The results of my bone density came back indication I am in the osteopenia stage. Another issue to face in the future when I start on the hormone pill.
Off for first radiation Monday morning.
Margaret