Smoothies:)

Options
Robyn W
Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
edited September 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hello beautiful ladies!!

This is a totally 'BC unrelated' post. This morning at about 7.00am our door bell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone at that hour, so when I opened it there was a huge box wrapped in blue plastic, addressed to me!! I unwrapped it, and there was a NUTRI BULLET blender!! Just like the one on the TV.

I have been talking about getting one for ages,and my daughter in Melbourne decided to buy it for me as a surprise!

It is fantastic,and I have made my first smoothie so easily. Much better and quicker than my old blender. This is really going to keep us on the right track, even though we have been doing well anyway. There is a great recipe book with it, and I feel very lucky.

Smoothies are such a simple but effective way of getting all the nutrients we need. It doesn't have to be hard. I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be. Cheers xox Robyn

Comments

• SusanF
    SusanF Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2015
    Options
    With beautiful thoughtful loving daughters.

Enjoy x
  • SusanF
    SusanF Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2015
    Options
    With beautiful thoughtful loving daughters.

Enjoy x
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a trailblazer alright!! Lol . Tonya it's fantastic.Just like it looks on the TV.Its really powerful,SO easy to clean,and it blends pretty much anything.You can throw a handful of nuts in,and there are no grainy bits left.Im so thrilled with it!!Robyn xox
  • Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a great present. I lashed out and bought myself one a couple of weeks ago. It maybe in my head but I do feel it has given my energy levels a bit of a boost and it certainly can't hurt with my health. I am doing the immune boost recipes. Enjoy.
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am doing the same.I bought all the extras,cause I figure they last well( Chia,goji etc ) and I am having so much fun experimenting with different things.Cheers Robynxox
  • jennywren
    jennywren Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I bought myself one a few weeks ago and LOVE it!! They are so easy to clean, and you get all the goodness of the skin/pith etc that normal juicing removes! My favourite is spinach leaves, strawberries, blueberries, green apple or pineapple and I use coconut water instead of plain water. I also throw in some chia seeds.

If anyone else has a favourite they would like to share I am always looking for new and tasty combinations.

Happy blending xx
  • saphire
    saphire Member Posts: 108
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robyn

That is great I love my smoothies got an old pocket rocket bought a new blender but burnt out so back to my old faithful

Hugs and Love Karen I love the support you give everyone thankyou

• Beery
    Beery Dragonfly Posts: 64
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyne,  the magic bullet seems to be the way to go forward, especially on those days you don't feel like eating a big meal, but need something nutritious.  I have the older version and was wondering if nuts could be pulverised with the newer one and my question has been answered.  Thanks Robyn.  Results from my ct and bone scan tomorrow.  Just had another five days in hospital with diverticulitis so it looks like I might have to have an adjustment made to my chemo as well, which is set down for tomorrow as well.  Sue:-) 

• Beery
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyne,  the magic bullet seems to be the way to go forward, especially on those days you don't feel like eating a big meal, but need something nutritious.  I have the older version and was wondering if nuts could be pulverised with the newer one and my question has been answered.  Thanks Robyn.  Results from my ct and bone scan tomorrow.  Just had another five days in hospital with diverticulitis so it looks like I might have to have an adjustment made to my chemo as well, which is set down for tomorrow as well.  Sue:-) 

• Beery
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My favourite smoothie at the moment is: spinach,blueberries,mango,pineapple,raspberries,tablespoon of goji berries,chia,almonds,oh and I forgot to say,half a banana.I freeze the fruit in little sandwich bags,and then just take one out of the freezer and straight into my nutri bullet.Equally as nice with milk,but with water,it's just like a frappe because the frozen fruit makes it really thick and icy.Yum:) xxxRobyn
  • jennywren
    edited March 2015
    Options
    your smoothie sounds yummy Robyn. Do you freeze all the fruit for one smoothie in the same bag and then put it into the nutri bullet frozen? Definately will be trying this one xx
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi.Yes ,I found a blog online,that says a quick and easy way to have fruit and veg on hand ,is to freeze it,especially when it's not in season.This is how I do it.I cut up all the fruit into chunks,then spread it on a large baking tray.I pop it in the freezer for 4 hours,then I make up sandwich bags with the frozen fruit,and I also add everything else,pepitas, almonds,chia,goji,dates,whatever I feel like,to the bag.Then when you feel like a smoothie,you just grab a bag and tip it straight into the bullet.Add the water or whatever you are using,and it's done! You can put different things in the bags and just write on them what's in each one.You just have to be careful to press as much air out of each little bag as you can,or you will get freezer burn,and this can spoil the food.Cheers xoxRobyn.By the way,I have to do this several times,because you have to make sure that you freeze the fruit in one layer only,so I don't get a real lot each time.
  • jennywren
    edited March 2015
    Options
    thanks Robyn, great idea xx
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am going to try this tomorrow.I don't have Swiss chard,but I have everything else.Thanks:)