These are the words WE have all heard at different times from different health professionals.
Over the past week I have heard three different women trivialise their diagnosis- why you ask?
Well because they "only needed a lumpectomy followed by minimal ongoing treatment ( in one case, and radiation for the other two) they somehow feel their diagnosis ranks lower on the "Breast Cancer Richter Scale". (my own little choice of words, girls!)
I am sorry but I disagree totally- we are all in the same boat when we hear those damned words "... you have breast cancer."
May you all travel well, experience less side effects of whatever you are undergoing, and be able to enjoy life again. But, the most important thing I can wish you is that you be KIND to yourselves.
Published 12 years ago
Version 1.0Custard
Member
Joined May 18, 2010
News and events
Follow this blog board to get notified when there's new activity