Forum Discussion
lisa256
12 years agoMember
My First Post
Hello
I am new to this site.
I was officially diagnosed with breast cancer on the 10/12/2013 and what a rollercoaster ride it has been since then, not only for me but for my friends and family also.
I am having 4 lots of AC chemo and then 12 lots of taxol. Hopefully after that, the cancer lump will have shrunk and then I will have a lumpectomy and then radiation. I had my first chemo treatment on the 13th December and my next will be on the 27th December. The first few days after my first treatment I felt very nauseous, light headed and out of it. Since then, I have just been feeling very, very lethargic. Took a short walk the other day and it felt like I had walked 50km and was training for oxfam again. It has been a whirlwind of blood tests, ct scans, chemo, mammograms, specialist appointments, medication and needles, needles, needles. My emotions are up then down. I'm trying to eat healthy and I miss my daily chocolate indulges. And on top of all that, it's Christmas. Thank goodness I have such great support !!!
17 Replies
- lisa256Member
Hello Mich
Sorry for the late reply.
I am normally pretty switched on but I seemed to have caused a bit of confusion between us.
The 256 stands for 25th June not Feb 1956.
I am married with two boys aged 11 and 16. I am in my early 40's.
Lisa xx
- Janey235MemberYeah it will be for you too. I live past Whittlesea north of Melbourne but I'm quite used to going into the city as I am being treated from Peter Mac in East Melbourne. I certainly will keep you posted about the group :) Janey xxx
- lisa256Member
Hello Janey
Thanks for your warm welcome and reassuring words.
I'm really glad to hear you are doing so well 12 months on.
I live in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne. A bit of a hike but please keep me posted.
Lisa xxx
- Janey235MemberI've been absent from this network for the past week so just catching up. I'm sending you a big welcome too. The ladies that have replied already have given you good advice so I won't go over that again. Just wanted to let you know that we are here for you anytime you want to vent, put down your thoughts or just let us know what's going on with you. This network of wonderful ladies has been my savour this last year and I'm sure you've come to the right place. I am one year now past my diagnosis date and I'm doing fine. It's a hard journey and a roller coaster of emotions but I'm here to tell you it's doable. And this year seems to have flown by for me. Just some reassuring words for you to hear. Where abouts in Melbourne are you. I'm setting up a face to face group with some of our Melbourne ladies in the new year and will let you know when this is up and running. We will be meeting in the City area once a month if you're interested. Sending you hugs Lisa. Love Janey xxx
- lisa256Member
Hello Robyn
I bet you are glad that the Chemo is over. But as the Carpenters song sort of goes 'I've only just begun ...........' I will try to walk everyday. Thanks for all of your useful advice and support !!
Have a great Christmas.
Lisa xxx
- Mich_xMember
Obviously a great month and a great year for us, only special people were born then hee hee hahahah. I am the 24th Feb.
Do you have kids and grandkids yet Lisa? I have 2 kids both married and 3 grandees so that is what my Christmas is all about this year.
It is true what they say in that you will find the strength hun to get yourself through all this. Just hold on tight for the ride.
I remember that My Journey Kit became my lifeline. I took my diary everywhere with me, I wrote about all my appts in there, my diagnosis, my feelings and so much more. I still refer to it 2 years on. BCNA has so much interesting and helpful information available to you. I am glad you have found them and found us.
Enjoy the silly season and remember we are here for you.
Lots of love always, Mich xoxoxoxo
- lisa256MemberHello Adean I am not getting a xmas present this year because my husband let me go to Amsterdam, Paris and Italy for a month in May with my cousin while he stayed home and looked after the kids. I don't live in those areas of Melbourne but thankyou. Hope you have a good Christmas. Lisa
- lisa256MemberHello Hazel Thankyou for your warm welcome. I do have tablets for the nausea. The first week after chemo I couldn't stomach much but now I have my full appetite back so I am going to make the most of Christmas Day. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Lisa xxx
- lisa256MemberHello Julie Thanks for the good advice. I do have tablets for the nausea and I will allow myself my treats from now on. Have a good Christmas !! Lisa
- lisa256MemberSorry Mich This was meant for Julie. I will get the hang of this!! Lisa