Challenging 2011 for some

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hey girls,

some in our group are having a "wee bit of a struggle". How can we best support them? I am sure you can come up with some great ideas.

We think of each other a lot and even though we are scattered across OZ, we are close.

Post some ideas and let's get it happening! If we were nearer we'd deliver meals and help in the home, etc etc., but there must be some ways of letting our girls know we love and care about them.

Ideas please!!!! Mandy xxx

Tagged:

Comments

• Cazz
    Cazz Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy - that's a great idea. I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with. Surely in this day of technology we can come up with something.

Caren x

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great, thanks Cazz!

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there ...... offered to bring a bottle of wine and a box of choccies but dstance is a bugga !!!

I'd only eat the chocs and drink the wine and arrive empty handed.

Maybe just bombard her with loving thoughts and messages as we join her on this new journey.

Take care everyone ...

Luv ... Shirl xxxx

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi girls i'm back but havent had a chance to read through everything, but is there any way we could swap house addresses within our group, that way we could send little cards or notes etc. i'd be willing to give my address, if we all agreed i'm sure bcna girls have them on file and could email them to us. XX

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm with you there, a "snail mail" address book would be good,  I know when we had finished our course the girls mailed us a list of e.m addresses and phone numbers, but a personal card is much more - personal I guess.  The brains definately working well tonight!!!

A funny card will make you smile whenever you look at it, and you can take it with you where ever you go.

Cheers ... Shirl

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow that is terrific Emma,

thanks for letting us know.

I hope the others will contact you to get more info if required.

2011 may be just the best year yet, who knows?

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great idea Moira,

I reckon that is a definite yes.. will ask BCNA to arrange!

Beautiful day here today, not too hot and w gentle breeze.. xxxx

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well emma, what a lovely idea, when i finished my treatment the Dragons Abreast group here, paid for my husband and i to go to coffins bay, to a villa, for 2 nights, they organised all food to be brought in for us, so all we had to do was get ourselves there and relax, and i must say, it was just what we needed, so what you have come up with is great well done. regards moira

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow those are some great ideas- we need to formalise them with BCNA, the Beacon stuff is good and house swapping too.

Yep address exchange is the way to go! Will wait to here from the powers that be now....xxx