Hello fellow Tasmanians

Options
Gaylene
Gaylene Member Posts: 20
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Hello Everyone.
I live in Smithton Tasmania. I am going through secondary cancer and have liver and bone mets. Thankfully I am currently having a break from chemo and everything is stable at the moment. Would be nice to keep in touch with fellow Taswegians.
Tagged:

Comments

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Gaylene,

Nice of you to blog on here. Do you know any people in the N.W who have BC or ABC ? I have a friend in Melbourne, who was recently diagnosed with ABC.. She had radiation first, then a port, chemo and now is on Herceptin.

She was told.. it is treatable, but not curable. Hopefully I will visit her in September this year.

I guess all we can all do is live one day at a time.. to stay in the present, and hoping you can live a good life for many years yet.

Have you had the diagnosis for long? How do you fill in your days? There is also an advanced Breast Cancer group on here too. Are your a member?

Kathy.

• teddy 1
    teddy 1 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

hello  gaylene hope you will be ok i had breast cancer in 2010 going ok at the moment just been to a bcna summit in sydney if you are in launcestion some time our group meets  first tuesday of the month at the cancer support centre at 10 am take care teddy1 

• teddy 1
    teddy 1 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

hello  gaylene hope you will be ok i had breast cancer in 2010 going ok at the moment just been to a bcna summit in sydney if you are in launcestion some time our group meets  first tuesday of the month at the cancer support centre at 10 am take care teddy1