Help... I am terrified!

Options
Sheryl1952
Sheryl1952 Member Posts: 19
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed
Help! I need some Ladies to talk to. I am four weeks out from a right side mastectomy and start chemo on Tuesday and I am terrified.
Tagged:

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sheryl

I am so very glad you have found us.  Have you ordered or been given your "My Journey Kit" if not you can order it online or call BCNA to post it out to you.  I found it very helpful but not as helpful as the love and support I have received from the online blog.

i can understand you are terrified as all you pink sisters can tell you that they remember that feeling.  I know I certainly do and it will stay with me forever.  But you know what I survived that day and thought to myself it wasn't as bad as I had envisaged it would be.  I survived that and another 5 chemo cycles and 7 weeks of radiotherapy.

I won't lie it was tough and hard going at times but it is doable.  You can learn so much on this site by using the search option at the top of the page, just type in what you are looking for and all the girls posts that relate to your search word will come up.  Also at the bottom of the page is a resources section where you can download, print off or order for your own information which again is fantastic.

Can I ask what area you live in, what type of cancer etc. was your diagnosis, how old and things like that so the other girls can relate and can chat with you to help you through.  Everyone on here is willing to help in any way we can.

I am here for you to ask questions, or if you need advice, to vent, yell, scream, cry and all those other feelings we have to deal with while going through our BC journey as crappy and as great as it can be.  Unfortunately it is a road that we are on with hills, flood areas, pot holes and all those other things your journey is going to throw at you.  We are here for you.

Thinking of you and understanding your fears, lots of love, Mich xoxoxo

• Enaj
    Enaj Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Sheryl
    Welcome to the club no one wants to join. I so remember feeling exactly like you before my treatment, left mastectomy, 3 rounds of FEC and 3 rounds of taxotere followed by a right prophylactic mastectomy last Monday. The hardest part for me was not knowing what my experience would be, and being a control freak and Googling too much DEFINITELY didn't help, but as Mich said it may well not end up being any way near as bad as you're imagining. I was fortunate to be well enough to work through chemo. I'm out the other side of treatment now and slowly getting back to normal, all be it a new normal!
    I don't post much but I've gained a huge amount of reliable information and inspiration from the wonderful women this site. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Remember to accept help and be kind to yourself.
    Sending you positive thoughts, my heart goes out to you.
    Jane xx
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am four weeks post surgery and I am still so sorei have had to be drained four times I thought by his time I would be a bit better than I am now thank you ladies for answering my post it is nice to hear from ladies that have been there I am most thankful for your reply Chemo tomorrow oh my god !!!!!!!!
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am four weeks post surgery and I am still so sorei have had to be drained four times I thought by his time I would be a bit better than I am now thank you ladies for answering my post it is nice to hear from ladies that have been there I am most thankful for your reply Chemo tomorrow oh my god !!!!!!!!
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sheryl

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Lots of love, Mich xoxoxo

• Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you for your well. Wishes chemo here I come !!!
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well. To let you know I did not sleep one wink last night as I was to start chemo today but go into hospital at 7this morning having had no brecky or coffee had the port out in my god what a job that was then go down to oncology only to tell the dr my wound was I bit red and was worried adopt infection so no chemo today a week of antibiotics and start chemo next week I. Don't. Know wether to laugh or cry what a day thinking of you all Sheryl X
  • Cherylek
    Cherylek Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So you had to have the port out? Cheryle :)
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No sorry that was a typing errorihd the port put in and it was an effort for them to get it in am horrified at the bruising am having ti ice it sorry I am not very experienced at writing on the iPad am just learning much to the disgust of my impatient husband x
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No sorry that was a typing errorihd the port put in and it was an effort for them to get it in am horrified at the bruising am having ti ice it sorry I am not very experienced at writing on the iPad am just learning much to the disgust of my impatient husband x
  • Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh my goodness you poor thing, as uncomfortable as my port can be I didn't have any bruising or swelling. I got to admit it is a lot easier to use the port as there is no hunting for veins, bruising and lots of tears. Best of luck I hope it all settles down for you. Best of luck for next week. Cheryle :)
  • Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh my goodness you poor thing, as uncomfortable as my port can be I didn't have any bruising or swelling. I got to admit it is a lot easier to use the port as there is no hunting for veins, bruising and lots of tears. Best of luck I hope it all settles down for you. Best of luck for next week. Cheryle :)
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am type 2diabetic and have found that one of the medications for fluid sends my sugar level over the roof. I have to disgust this with the oncologist but things are never easy for me there is always some snag olong the way I never do things the easy way regards to all would any one with type 2diabetics going though this journey please reply as would love to hear from you xx
  • Sheryl1952
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am 60 my diagnoised with grade3gtumor tow of them in right breast no nodes were cancerous but am having 4rds if chemo just to be safe nothing showed in ct scane and bone scan just showed athritisi suppose that means I am getting old lol I live in ballarat and am keen to be in contac with anyone in my area