Gosh this has been a busy month!

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited November 2011 in Community news and events

On Wednesday I assisted Sue Schwabe, breast care nurse to hold a mini field outside the offices of the Northern Tasmania Community Nurses. Many came, a good field was made and a pink afternoon tea was served. One pink lady was dressed in a  blue glove to represent the 100 men p.a. diagnosed with breast cancer and a male planted it in the field.

I took a few photos and sent them off to the local paper so hope for something on Monday - National Breast Cancer Day (and my birthday).

Today, Saturday, my husband and I drove to Deloraine, 40 mins away, to see Maureen and Katy with their mini field. It was a glorious day and many people supporting the event, with balloons, signs and pink biscuits, lamingtons and donuts. (Katy and Maureen told me about it last week at the Tasmanian Breast Cancer Network meeting which is held a few times during the year in a central place so women can come from all over the state. We exchanged ideas and had a great few hours together at Cleveland, in St. Andrew's Inn).

Next Saturday there is a minifield in Beaconsfield (remember the Gold Mine?) and I will be helping out there after I dismantle the BCNA display in Launceston Library.

So now we wait for MONDAY girls, I have to work from 8-5 so miss out on the breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas but my family are taking me out for tea so I don't have to cook.

Thinking of you all xxx

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mandy, happy birthday to you.  just as well i'm typing it, because you wouldnt like the sound of my voice, (mind you a couple of drinks and i think i'm a singer lol) Glad all your mini fields are going well, and yes we wil all need a rest after it all, before we start with something else. enjoy your birthday tea with your family. XXX,

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the song- I could hear your voice lol. I had a good day and now the month is ending we can all sit back for awhile...we hope. Take care xx

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thnak goodness we have the Beacon! Only one picture in the whole month when we even sent them some for Monday... ah well c'est la vie. xx

• Kathy_BCNA
    Kathy_BCNA Staff, Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2015
    Options

Never mind, Mandy. You can only do what you can do. Maybe next year ....