You're Invited

helen anne
helen anne Member Posts: 265
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone

Forgetting my personal issues for the moment I want to let you know that I have started a on-line group called "Fundraising" and I'm inviting you to join.

The purpose is pretty self explanatory but it's a little more than just fundraising.

I thought it would be a great idea to have a forum where people can discuss what they feel would help improve the "patient journey".

This can be anything from suggestions for improvements to services or equipment at various treatment places or new ideas on how to support each other in this journey.  With these suggestions we could then try to do some fundraising to achieve these goals.

Most importantly, I want to try to get everyone from all over the network (Australia) to join so we can really make a difference.

I do hope you will join.

Luv Helen

Tagged:

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015

hi helen, after spending last week lying on that damn ct scan bed freezing  my boobs of I wanted to say girls dont forget me , poor loves kept saying the room must be cold for the machine buger it  I said after popping the nurofen , Ive had most good experiences along the way but a few bad ones to mostly due to the way you are treated or forgotten that speaking or being aknowledged is a major thing to us girls. Im sure most of you agree some of these staff or professionals need a reality check somettimes that we are people, Talk to us even if its hallo I think they need to be educated or spoken to from us people who go through this so they REALY know what its like. Would they feel it if it was role reversal?

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015

hi helen, after spending last week lying on that damn ct scan bed freezing  my boobs of I wanted to say girls dont forget me , poor loves kept saying the room must be cold for the machine buger it  I said after popping the nurofen , Ive had most good experiences along the way but a few bad ones to mostly due to the way you are treated or forgotten that speaking or being aknowledged is a major thing to us girls. Im sure most of you agree some of these staff or professionals need a reality check somettimes that we are people, Talk to us even if its hallo I think they need to be educated or spoken to from us people who go through this so they REALY know what its like. Would they feel it if it was role reversal?

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015

Hi Adean

I totally agree about the therapist/professionals attitude.  In fact I was so upset by one person that I wrote a formal complaint to the head of the company.

At the time, I had to have an ultrasound at a certain radiology practice (I won't go into the name) and was utterly appalled at the attitude and comments I received whilst undergoing it.  Not only was I insulted about my scar and lack of breast (Oh I don't need to see THAT!) but I was told to shut up and let the person do their work, whilst I tried to make chit chat because I was so nervous (I was having an ultrasound on my liver because of some spots found on another test so you can imagine the anxiety!).

So I totally agree with you and I will not let anyone treat me like that ever again!  If you ever find yourself in this unfortunate situation again where you don't feel comfortable - speak up and say so....no one has the right to treat you like that.

Luv H