my story from the beginning

Options
jbutton
jbutton Member Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in Day to day

Lying in bed on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 I was compelled to check my breast I felt something and thought… that 's weird.  I touched wood a number of times but I still felt very worried and concerned as it just didn't feel right. The next morning I made an appointment for the following day with my GP.  She referred me for a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy.  On Wednesday the 11th I went for the scans.  They told me after the ultrasound they only do biopsies on hard masses and I would require a biopsy.  It was slightly painful and felt quite overwhelmed but when the radiologist kept saying that the results would be back by the Friday and to make sure I made an appointment for Friday I knew something was up.   I cried... Back at work the next day I received the worst call of my life... to come in to see my GP urgently. Trying to work out how quickly I could get there; I was being a bit resistant; they put my GP on to talk to me; I said “it’s not good is it Hannah” and she said “no I need to see you straight away to arrange referral” the taxi ride and waiting were torture. The roller coaster ride had began...

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi there and great you found us early on in your journey, even though it's not the club anyone wants to be a part of, at least it is here, and full of love and support, no matter what you can cry, rant, and even eventually laugh and there will always be someone here to do all of the above with you, we have ladies on here at all stages. the next few weeks will be a roller coaster for you, but once you get appointment and treatment plans worked out, it will settle down. One of the first things my surgeon said to me was You have a life threatning disease, but it is not a death sentence, Good luck we will be here for you whenever you need us. And in time you will be the one supporting others. Take Care and keep comming back. Regards Moira

• Bergzz
    Bergzz Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

thank you for sharing your story Justine. you have faced this with such courage and strength. xxx