Arimidex (Anastrozole) - Sleeping better!

Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 1,095
Moderator moved @swerks comment to new discussion post in Newly Diagnosed:

swerks Member Posts: 1 ✭

My Oncologist put me on Arimidex (Anastrozole). I too was super anxious and scared, especially with the 4 page side effects handout that came with the script.   8 months later, nothing! And added bonus, I’m sleeping so much better than I have for 20yrs! 😊
Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,056
    edited May 17
    Hi @swerks

Welcome to the club you never thought you'd have to join!!  Feel free to tell us your story so far ... where you are (roughly), what your type of BC diagnosis was - and what surgery/treatments you've had so far, just so we have a better understanding of what you've been thru xx

That is FANTASTIC that you are going well on Arimidex/Anastrozole with no side effects!  What a lucky girl you are!!  I have been on it for the last 5 years and it has been the best one for me (after having bad side effects with Letrozole and Exemestane) tho my sleeping is still totally stuffed!!    I wish I had YOUR side effect!!  LOL

Feel free to jump onto this thread to read up a bit more about the Forum & what it offers .... we also have lots of 'off topic' subjects too, where you can show off your art & craft, your gardens, your pets & even have a laugh too (god knows we need to keep our sense of humour going!!). Feel free to add to any of them!!!  Plus your favourite recipes!!  ;) 
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/23477/a-big-welcome-to-all-our-new-members#latest

Looking forward to reading more of your story, take care xx
  • WhiteLight
    WhiteLight Member Posts: 38
    edited May 17
    Hi swerks that is so reassuring to hear. I start on AIs, probably Anastrozole in 3wks, and I am so dreading it after reading all the side effects and how many people give up taking it. Thank you for posting a good story about taking them, I needed to hear that. Hugs xx
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 851
    @swerks I was put on Armidex back in 2017. Had a short switch to Tamoxifen in 2019 for 6 months then back onto the Armidex. 
    i have mild side affects. Great to hear you aren’t troubled by the side effects. I haven’t heard if too many that get the full range of them  
    I do love to hear the good news stories
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 2,067
    Here is another anastrozole good news story - I have been taking it daily since 2017 and have had no side effects (I think). The stiff ankles (ageing) have disappeared with targeted exercises, and the occasional sleepless nights have been occurring since menopause (20 years ago). 
    Best wishes everyone from jennyss in Western NSW