Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
Moderator moved @adelaide 's post from activity section to the main forum:

Comments

• Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
    Options
    Hi @adelaide

While we wait for other members to respond to your discussion, you may find the following information about DCIS helpful in understanding how coming months may look. It may also empower you to raise any questions or concerns:

Living with DCIS, LCIS or early breast cancer

Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Hi @adelaide, every stated is different with wait times. I live in qld. My husband was public for surgery for a cancer on his kidney and he didn't get to meet the surgeon for 3 months. He was operated 6 months after his cancer was diagnosed and only after we complained because they said he was to be operated on within 3 months.

Check out if the public system there where you are has a service standard for your cancer. In qld they rated the surgery as category 1, 2 or 3 and this determined when they had to operate by. 

Good luck 
  • adelaide
    adelaide Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Is DCIS classed as cancer?
    Seeing surgeon tomorrow.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    Wishing you all the best for your Appointment today @adelaide - I hope you had someone with you for support & would suggest that you record it, if you can, to go back to it afterwards, as it is easy to miss things that are said, at the time. 

As I understand it, DCIS IS a form of breast cancer - tho some people call it a 'pre cancer' .... but as it is usually not invasive, it may even be considered 'the better' BC to have (if that is at all possible.)

A BC diagnosis is a real rollercoaster ride, as we all know - and you may feel anger & sadness, fears for the future (and many other emotions.) If you feel anxious & sad, you can contact our Helpline on 1800500258 and have a chat ... and also check with your surgeon if they have a Breast Care Nurse - or if you'll be referred to McGrath Nurses.

When you have a spare few minutes, feel free to check out this thread - lots of info there about what to take to hospital etc .... also some 'non medical' posts, to chill out with .... even some funny areas, for a laugh.  There are tick sheets at the bottom of the thread, that you can print off & 'self assess' yourself, both physically and mentally ...  you can take this to your Team meetings, so they are also aware of how you are going.
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/23477/a-big-welcome-to-all-our-new-members#latest

take care & all the best
  • adelaide
    adelaide Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Thankyou so much,🥰