Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Possible growth of liver tumour

Options
Ktre
Ktre Member Posts: 95
Had scans recently and results come through on Thursday 8/6 with oncologist appointment. I was at the doctor the other day for other stuff and she had received my results, she brought them up on screen and said from what she could see it looked alright, something about a shadow and also deterioration of something. (I had full CT scan of all organs and bone scan) think deterioration is the joints as they are quite painful at the moment. I was able to look at the screen and could see down the bottom a paragraph that had written " possible growth of liver tumour approximate size 8mm." Doctor did not mention this and I may have read it wrong (not sure if doctor understands the oncology side of it or if she can tell me anything) but now I sit and wait till Thursday to see if the cancer is fighting back, my anxiety is through the roof....

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    If it was your oncologist who ordered these scans then that's who probably will give results. It's difficult when we see part of the picture but don't know the entire report. Keep busy as you know as it helps, take deep breaths often. It's normal to be anxious at these sorts of times especially if you see part of a report. You don't have the whole story yet and it may be ok. If you don't want to wait until tomorrow you could phone your doctor's receptionist and tell them what you saw on screen, explain your anxiety and ask your dr to phone you today.  Best wishes for a good result.
  • Ktre
    Options
    Thanks @Cath62, it's hard and I really hate the waiting game, have had good results from scans for over a year now and I knew this would happen eventually, just not so soon, yes I could have read it wrong and the week is just dragging as I want to hear it from my oncologist.  What will be will be, and they will have another plan if it's needed. Very busy at work so that is helping keep me occupied. Thank you again for advice and best wishes
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Deep breaths, @Ktre and as @Cath62 says, keep busy or see if you can get in earlier to see your Onc xx

all the best for when your Onc gives you the correct interpretation of your result ….. 

take care xx

• Ktre
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you for your support and advise, had appointment today and yes they're is an 8mm spot in the liver, the CT scan is not clear enough so I need to get an MRI to determine if it's cancer or benign cyst. I did have a benign cyst back in 2021 on first MRI so they want to do another one to compare. Basically if the MRI shows its the same as last cyst then nothing changes, if they determine it's the cancer growing back then I get monitored for three months. Have another scan (CT) if it has not grown nothing changes, if it has grown then we hopefully can get a biopsy of it. They will get my original tumour that was removed (still have it in pathology) and test it and most likely go on a clinical trial. It's a lot to take in and I am doing ok with it all, slightly scared but we will deal with whatever gets thrown at us as a family.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted. Best wishes to you xx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi @Ktre - this is terrible news for you.  The waiting game is hard on the emotions, whatever the scan is for.  I hope your work has been busy and interesting today so your thoughts are elsewhere for a while at least.  As you say, your family is strong and you will deal with it as it happens.  Hopefully the beast has not grown and is found to not be cancerous.  Is your onc aware of possible trials which may be available to you ?  Thinking of you.  💖💖