Season 2: Podcast Series "What You Don’t Know Until You Do, with Dr Charlotte Tottman"

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
edited April 2023 in Community news and events

Charlotte is back with an 'unlimited' season!

Season 2 of our popular Upfront About Breast Cancer podcast What You Don’t Know Until You Do with Clinical Psychologist Dr Charlotte Tottman is available now (You have direct access via the bottom of the Online Network homepage)

With over 58,000 listens, Season 1 proved to be a valuable resource that shared the reality of what it’s like going through a breast cancer experience. We heard about Dr Charlotte Tottman who established her own private practice in psycho oncology, before being diagnosed with breast cancer herself. Charlotte shared her lived experience with breast cancer, exploring common psychological triggers and responses, while providing tips of what helped her. 

(Read the popular Online Network discussion for the Season 1 via link Upfront About Breast Cancer – What You Don’t Know Until You Do, with Dr Charlotte Tottman)

This new season is 'unlimited' to reflect a broader experience from a clinical perspective, stripping away the common limitations imposed by the discomfort associated with difficult topics, while providing practical strategies to help people at any stage of their breast cancer experience.

Start your day with Charlotte and Kellie as they have meaningful conversations about many topics including anxiety, advocating for yourself, causal beliefs, metastatic breast cancer, re-starting life after treatment, behavioural changes, boundary setting, different perspectives, side effects and the inevitable; death and mortality.

Listen to What You Don't Know Until You Do: Unlimited via BCNA or wherever you get your podcasts.

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/bcna-resources/podcasts/charlotte-tottman-podcast-series/

Note: We recommend that listeners exercise self-care when listening to this podcast, as some may find the content upsetting. BCNA’s Helpline provides a free confidential telephone and email service for people diagnosed with breast cancer, their family and friends. Our experienced team can help with your questions and concerns and direct you to relevant resources and services. Call 1800 500 258 or email helpline@bcna.org.au

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    I've finally started listening to the first lot of Charlotte Tottman's Podcasts - and talk about how GOOD they are!!  They are SO easy to listen to & there's no 'high falluting' language or condescending comments .... because, as she'd been thru her own diagnosis, surgery & treatment - she 'gets it'!  She felt everything that we all felt - the fear of the unknown, the wait for results .... the discomfort of surgery & treatments .... 

If you haven't listened to them yet, do yourself a favour & go to the very first one (half way down the page at No 13.). They continue on to the next one automatically ..... you can turn them up & just have them on in the background as you go about your daily chores. xx
  • Shelley_H
    Shelley_H Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I've started listening to these & I've found they are most helpful. They help you understanding so many of your feelings & crazy thoughts which are actually quite normal. They enable you with great advice & tips as we go through this sh1t journey. 
  • GorgyS
    GorgyS Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I watched a few podcasts from Dr Charlotte that definitely gave me so much valuable information.  Both are good, Dr Charlotte and Kellie with her questions.  Just watched a few minutes ago about fear of cancer recurrence;