Ongoing Pain

Cyn
Cyn Member Posts: 14
edited June 2022 in Health and wellbeing
Hi!
I was diagnosed with early breast cancer 11years ago, and went onto have a lumpectomy, radiation therapy, and hormone therapy.  I recently had my yearly scans, and all came back okay. YAY!  I still get daily pain in the affected breast where the cancer was, is this a situation that others get, is it a common long term side effect?  I don't see my oncologist any more, but maybe I should arrange a check in, or at least speak with my GP? Wondering what others experience.
Hugs to all😀
Tagged:

Comments

• noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2022
    I still,get odd stabbing pain every so,often in my lumpectomy breast , and tissue is a little painful still 16 months post surgery and radiation . -seems to be a fairly normal occurence post radiation fibrosis and scar tissue . Having said that ,   If you’re concerned you should check in with GP just in case it’s a sign of,something more,serious 

we have access on Sunshine Coast to a great Breast Cancer physio, and she posts numerous free,info video on breast cancer topics which may help you 

• Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    @Cyn I can feel where the lymph node was removed and I only had one out  February 2020. Mainly when moving around in bed. My surgeon says it scar tissue 🤷‍♀️
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Yes  I am well and truly along the road since diagnosis and yes the twinge, sometimes pain, is there!  It's a reminder of what happened!
    Certainly get it checked by your GP!  Peace of mind 
    Take care
    Best wishes 
  • Cyn
    Cyn Member Posts: 14

I still,get odd stabbing pain every so,often in my lumpectomy breast , and tissue is a little painful still 16 months post surgery and radiation . -seems to be a fairly normal occurence post radiation fibrosis and scar tissue . Having said that ,   If you’re concerned you should check in with GP just in case it’s a sign of,something more,serious 

we have access on Sunshine Coast to a great Breast Cancer physio, and she posts numerous free,info video on breast cancer topics which may help you 

Thanks for the link, sounds good😀

Cyn said:

Hi!
    I was diagnosed with early breast cancer 11years ago, and went onto have a lumpectomy, radiation therapy, and hormone therapy.  I recently had my yearly scans, and all came back okay. YAY!  I still get daily pain in the affected breast where the cancer was, is this a situation that others get, is it a common long term side effect?  I don't see my oncologist any more, but maybe I should arrange a check in, or at least speak with my GP? Wondering what others experience.
    Hugs to all😀

• Pinkpanther
    Pinkpanther Member Posts: 1
    Thank You noosa_blue150 for posting the link to the Breast Cancer physio, great info. Two years on from WLE and Radiation I get stabs of needle like pain occasionally