Home Newly diagnosed

Surgery tomorrow

Potter_21Potter_21 Member Posts: 10
edited April 2021 in Newly diagnosed
Hi lovely ladies! I was diagnosed last week with ductal carcinoma of the left breast. What a whirlwind of emotions! Unsure if it has spread beyond the breast. Having lumpectomy surgery tomorrow & sentinel node biopsy. Very nervous & hoping it is contained! 

Comments

• Dory65Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Fingers crossed for you @Potter_21. I had my surgery here on NSW Central Coast, in the Public System. It was day surgery and all went smoothly. We have a first class health system and I'm sure you too will be well cared for, wherever you are. Post surgery, make sure you take the pain medication provided. I also had an ice pack. It's also important to follow the post surgery exercises you'll be instructed about. You'll be OK.  :)
  • FLCloverFLClover Sydney Member Posts: 1,446
    Good luck @Potter_21! Hope it all goes well, and you get great results 🤞🍀
  • arpiearpie Mid North Coast, NSWMember Posts: 6,124
    edited April 2021
    Welcome to the Club, @Potter_21 - it is not the club you 'wanted to join' .... but like us, here you are!  Here, you'll get honest advice on every subject - big & small.  Don't be afraid to ask about ANYTHING!!  No subject is too big or too small. xx

All the best for tomorrow  ....  a small cushion/pillow helps with supporting your arm after surgery & in the car on the way home!  (Any bump is rather exaggerated in the early days!). Hugging the cushion helps prevent the vibrations/pain!

As @Dory65 said - make sure you take the pain meds (whether you think you need it or not) and it will help your recovery.  

Take care & all the best for your pathology results xx

• GreengirlGreengirl Riverina NSW Member Posts: 56
    All the best @Potter_21. Hope you get some good results 🤞Great you are getting the surgery so quickly.Don’t be nervous about the surgery itself x 
  • Cath62Cath62 Brisbane Member Posts: 787
    Thinking of you 🌺. Best wishes 
  • lrb_03lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,260
    Hoping that you're starting to feel a tiny bit better, but know that the next anxious wait is just starting. Thinking of you🤞🤞🤞
  • jennyssjennyss Western NSWMember Posts: 1,484
    Dear @Potter_21,

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • LocksleyLocksley Macedon Ranges, VictoriaMember Posts: 798
    Hope all goes well for you.
  • Anne65Anne65 Member Posts: 405
    @Potter_21 So glad all went well. It is hard waiting for the results but take comfort in the fact that the surgery is done & went well. I had DCIS of the left breast Dec '17 & had a lumpectomy too. I am fully recovered now so praying that you will have the same outcome. love & hugs xx
  • MazbethMazbeth BrisbaneMember Posts: 193
    Hi @Potter_21 great to hear you have had the surgery. Time to rest and recover and be very gentle on yourself. Take care. M x
  • HallaHalla Travancore, MelbourneMember Posts: 176
    Potter_21 said:
    Hi lovely ladies! I was diagnosed last week with ductal carcinoma of the left breast. What a whirlwind of emotions! Unsure if it has spread beyond the breast. Having lumpectomy surgery tomorrow & sentinel node biopsy. Very nervous & hoping it is contained! 
    I had same on Wednesday! Getting results on Monday. How are you feeling so far? Managing the pain? Sleeping?
  • Potter_21Potter_21 Member Posts: 10
    Halla, I  am doing OK and pain is fine. Arm is a bit achy. I  get my results on Tuesday. Fingers crossed for us both. Hope you are feeling OK. 👍
  • NewBoobsPLSNewBoobsPLS Panania, NSWMember Posts: 83
    @Potter_21 glad your doing well. Sending good vibes for Tuesday.
    @Halla I hope you are recovering well too.
  • HallaHalla Travancore, MelbourneMember Posts: 176
    Potter_21 said:
    Halla, I  am doing OK and pain is fine. Arm is a bit achy. I  get my results on Tuesday. Fingers crossed for us both. Hope you are feeling OK. 👍
    Fingers crossed! I must say the pain from the surgery has been less than I had feared, I’m taking 2 Panadol every 6 hours to make sure. my pathology report was uploaded today but I need the surgeon to interpret it for me tomorrow . It seems to say my sentinel node was clear 👏🏻.  I *think* it says there were 4 lumps and they got clear margins on all of them. I only knew of 3. They talk of 0.5mm margins in a couple of spots though, which does not sound like much. They also mention an LCIS which I don’t think was known about beforehand.  So I’m not sure what all this will mean for future treatment. 
    Let us know how you go on Tuesday!
    Good luck.