Home General discussion

Hair shave! Keep smiling 😀

TillyBillyTillyBilly Greensborough Member Posts: 13
edited June 30 in General discussion
For anyone dreading when the time comes to losing your hair, I thought it would be good for us all that have been through this emotional moment to try & help others by putting our photos up; yes it’s emotional at the time & tears will flow but we all smile after & our photos prove it! It’s feels empowering! 👍🏻❤️❤️❤️❤️ I hope this helps others & keeps you positive & smiling 😀❤️😀❤️😀
Tagged:

Comments

• Blossom1961Blossom1961 Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 1,556

• PV123PV123 Member Posts: 137
    Thank you all for sharing, I have got most of my hair back 5 months after chemo.  I did not think of taking photos at that time, I now wish I had.  
  • TillyBillyTillyBilly Greensborough Member Posts: 13
    It actually helped me & making it part of my journey! Hence why I decided to do the post hoping it will help others!  Mine is now growing back very thick & salt & peppery lol ❤️ Plus I put it out there on FB to hopefully get others to check their health! It brings it home when you know someone close to you! Xxx
  • FLCloverFLClover Member Posts: 51
    I didn’t go through chemo but I think this is a great idea. Support and sharing are important ❤️
    Thank you ❤️ It certainly is, anything to help each other through our journey 😍
  • Poodle_Lady55Poodle_Lady55 Member Posts: 10
    Who loves ya, baby  :D<3 made me smile today x
  • Shellshocked2018_Shellshocked2018_ Fleurieu Peninsula , SAMember Posts: 260
    Had head shaved and went home and sprayed it pink...
  • ddonddon Member Posts: 212
    Gorgeous @Shellshocked2018_
    Who loves ya, baby  :D<3 made me smile today x
    Haha good 👍🏻😀 made a lot smoke in my FB too 😂😂😂 xx
    ddon said:
    Thank you x
  • CaiboCaibo AdelaideMember Posts: 39

Contributing my bald photo :) from February. 
    It was a great feeling to shave it all of and stop the worry the mess was causing me. I am now 9 weeks post chemo and my head is pretty much covered completely again.It has come back more black that I thought I had; another positive. 
    I enjoyed the feeling of water on my clean shaved head and tried to embrace the look whilst I had it. Do wear sunblock when outside and protect yourself from the cold too though especially during these winter months. Sending positive thoughts and warm wishes to all x
    You look fab! I must admit loved not having to wash & style my hair! Haha! Saved money & 2 minute job to get ready 😂 from a negative turns into lots of positives! 
    So happy you tried to embrace it! It feels so good ❤️