First post

YellowRobin
YellowRobin Member Posts: 52
Hi everyone.
Just a quick note to say hi and introduce myself. I was diagnosed 22 Jan, Triple N inv ducal carcinoma and have only found the courage today to post.
i had my surgery last night and am happy to be moving ahead with my therapies. Psychologically feel great that “the thing” is out. Results will be back in 3 days.

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited February 2020
    Hello and welcome @YellowRobin. It took me much longer than three weeks to join and post here so as far as I'm concerned you're doing really well!

This forum is an amazing support, cheer squad, hive mind and resource, and I hope you find it as warm and helpful as I have. Keep sharing as you feel the need. We're with you every step of the way. Big hug, K xox
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    hi @YellowRobin. This is my first post too, I’m in chemo after mastectomy and axillary clearance. I’ve read many posts on this forum and you have come to the right place! It’s an amazing online community!

Right now you have so much to deal with. Don’t skimp on pain relief so you can function and sleep as well as you can (!) - if you need more just ask! 

Hugs T xx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @YellowRobin Yes it's a relief to know that IT is out. You're among people here who understand the ups and downs you will go through. Keep reaching out. Take care of yourself. Eat well. Pamper yourself when possible. Hugs.
  • YellowRobin
    @kmakm @Tinks @Flaneuse Thanks for your kind words. I will definitely reach out as things move along. Hugs to you all.
  • strongtogether
    strongtogether Member Posts: 167
    Welcome @YellowRobin
    Wish you all the best.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited February 2020
    All the best with your recovery, @YellowRobin - I hope you have a small oblong cushion to support your arm when sleeping - and also to hold onto when driving home!  Any bumps on the road (or driveways) can really jar your arm & hurt!

Good luck with your results - you will have your game plan very soon - feel free to put up any questions you may have regarding the treatment - and those who've gone before you, will be able to offer support and tips.

take care xxx
  • Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Hello @YellowRobin and welcome. I have recently been diagnosed and I too took a little bit of time to post. I have started my treatment and have read so many pieces of great advice here from the people who really know the grass roots things that get you through everyday stuff. Take care. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @YellowRobin and @Tinks I took four months before I posted! Welcome to the most supportive forum you will ever find.
  • arpie
    Hi @Tinks - welcome & I hope you are doing ok with your chemo!

Take care xxx

• YellowRobin
    @arpie yes , I have a pillow that hangs like a handbag. Definitely makes a difference. Coming home was very uncomfortable as we have lots of dirt roads. Made worse by the rain. Hey, not complaining we needed the rain after the extreme dry and fires.
  • arpie
    If you are rural, @YellowRobin - you can also claim on petrol/travel and accomodation costs for any of your earlier appointments & future reviews (if you have to travel more than 200k in a week to get to & from appointments, or 100k each way) - you claim via IPTAAS NSW online.  Your GP or Surgeon may have to approve the initial application ..... 
    http://www.iptaas.health.nsw.gov.au/For-patients/application-forms

Yes, just knowing 'it is gone' makes SUCH a difference!!!  Take care xxx
  • YellowRobin
    @arpie. Thanks for the link  I’m only 50km from town but will definitely use this when I need to get my radiation. :)
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    hello @arpie, thank you! I’m through EC and now on the taxol weekly. Two different experiences but I’m still standing. Anyone had the nerve symptoms, how did they start? 
  • arpie
    @YellowRobin - SO annoying - it is only 50k each way to qualify for fuel rebate in Qld! I wish it was here! There is no way that anyone in Sydney will need to travel even 50k to see quality health professional ......  Yep - with your rads, you'll be travelling each day - so will more than exceed the 200k a week!

Just make sure you download the forms, fill them in with dates of your travel & get them to sign them off for you.  ;)

All the best for your ongoing treatment, @Tinks xx