plastic surgeon recommendations tasmania

Ratbag
Ratbag Member Posts: 34
edited January 2020 in General discussion
Hi,  I have just been advised to have a double masectomy and my ovaries removed. I will be having reconstructive surgery at the same time as the masectomy.  Can anyone recommend a good breast reconstruction surgeon in Tasmania, as there are only a few to choose from.  

Comments

• Ratbag
    I just found the private group for breast reconstruction, so I'll check that out too.

• Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Hi @Ratbag, I'm in the north of the state but highly recommend Dr Fiona Lee if you are able to get an appointment with her. Not only is she an amazing surgeon but a brilliant communicator and a compassionate and caring dr.
    Good luck xx
  • Ratbag
    Hi @Michele B, thankyou so much for the information,  there are only 3 surgeons in the south of the state, and I only think 2 do most of the reconstructions.  I am happy to travel if it means a better outcome.  I'm about to also post to the reconstruction group, as I have just joined.  Can I ask if you had your reconstruction at the same time as your mastectomy or at a later date?  xx
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Hi @Ratbag, I was fortunate enough to only need a lumpectomy,m which dr Lee did, however my friend had a double mastectomy and a later reconstruction with same surgeon which she is very happy with. 
  • Angiebloom
    Angiebloom Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

I had a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction in Launceston 5 weeks ago. Dr Mikko Larsen did my reconstruction. I’m extremely happy with results so far and he is also a lovely dr. All the best with your surgery xx 
  • Ratbag
    Hi @Angiebloom , Thankyou for the recommendation, hope your recovery isn’t too painful. Xx