Your very first post

Options
Does anyone ever go back and read their very first post?  It's pretty interesting to see what your biggest worry was at the time compared to what it is now. My first post was after months of stalking the pages, goodness I was nearly finished rads.  Feels like a lifetime ago.

Look how far we've come.

It's also interesting to see who commented. who's still around and who you've never heard anything of since.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I remember that I hijacked someone else's post - not sure whose.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Just read through mine - day of my mastectomy and then the following day being wrongly told I had stage 4 cancer. I was so scared but all the ladies on here were so fabulous and supportive. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thank you for this post, @kezmusc  -  I am just re-reading my own 'first post' - and hopefully reconnecting with those who supported me so well in my early days!   I joined after diagnosis but before surgery!

Thank you to EVERY ONE who took part in my discussions  xxxx  I can't tell you just how much it meant to me.  
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/17912/another-bad-start-to-the-year/p1
  • youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel wrongly told you had stage 4?! Do tell this story if you feel comfortable ! My gosh what a nightmare 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    I would say that uncertainty and feeling a little gingerly would be the common theme of most first posts.

I joined after surgery but at a time when the forum was going through a major upgrade that some of the users of the day struggled with hence I just read occasionally and months later put up a discussion looking for advice. 

It's an interesting topic

Take care 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @youngdogmum I have whinged about this many a time. The day after my mastectomy the surgeon came in and told me my lymph nodes were swollen so the cancer had spread, it was stage 4 and I was in the fight of my life. I work in the medical industry so know there are many reasons for swollen lymph nodes but my brain just shut down. Got a CT scan which was all clear and lymph nodes were all clear so I ended up being 2a which is what the breastcare nurse told me pre surgery. One of the most traumatic few days of my life. Complained to the medical board but the old boys network missed the point and didn’t think he did anything wrong. 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    Interesting topic @kezmusc as i hadn't looked at it at all since posting it. I joined not long after diagnosis and remember vividly bawling my eyes out when i joined and all the kind and supportive comments. It felt such a relief to be with people who understood completely. Though looking at what i wrote i certainly sounded a lot more upbeat than what i felt,  which was a complete emotional mess. But that's me, always projecting I'm in complete control even if I'm not. Life is 'normal' now with the odd hiccup now and then! Oh and our then 18 month old cavvy is now 3 but he's still a bit of a nutter particularly when he goes into his mad routine of race around the house and backyard at top speed! 🐶 
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    “have subsequently had more tests than I thought possible bone scans ct lumpectomy and more radioactive substances pumped in” from my first post. Little did I know that this entire year would become about tests!

my post was in that stage between surgery and just about to start chemo with a whole heap of unknowns in front of me. The advice from all of you was reassuring and beautifully supportive. I remember being so overwhelmed
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I have just looked at my first post and the kindness provided by 3 women who are still around providing support to others .Thankyou @primek , @Brenda5 and @melclarity for helping me start to find my feet.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I hope I have been able to repay a little of the care and kindness you have all shown me.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I post rarely. My first posts about myself was probably sharing bits of my story with others on their posts. My first post was about chemo hair loss. I had joined and was commenting a good 8 weeks before this. I was following somebody who was about a week ahead of me. Although she doesn't post now we remain friends via facebook (ScorpianQueen)
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @kezmusc what an interesting post :) mine was in June 2016 

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to say Hi! and share support with many other Women who are traveling this Journey. I have traveled the journey with minimal support the past 4yrs, however after diagnosis last year of recurrence, I have sought support and equally given.

Hope you are all doing OK, and getting through no matter what your diagnosis, or treatment...I have found incredible resilience I never thought I had, and learnt alot about myself through this. There is no right or wrong, everyones journey is different and unique and so very important.

Honoring yourself is paramount above anyone else, and giving yourself permission to handle the journey in your way...and not according to anyone else. 

Only 1 person from there is around sometimes, most have left. Its been such a mission since I joined, not for support for myself as much as its been about others. I really wanted to just share my experience with the hope of giving comfort and ease of mind for others coming behind.

@Romla that's lovely your post and just speaks volumes of exactly why we are all here.

M x