Forum Discussion
CathyMac
7 years agoMember
Terrified of what lies ahead!
Hi,
I was diagnosed with breast cancer on Thursday the 8th November. My eldest child finishes school this year and we were meant to be heading off to Europe on the 28th November for the trip of a lifetime which had been in the planning for 2 years and now I face the biggest challenge of my life and I'm absolutely terrified. My anxiety levels are through the roof and I can't sleep. I feel totally consumed by this cancer diagnosis. I saw my GP yesterday who is trying to get me into see my surgeon ASAP but I have to wait until Monday until I'll know some more. How do I get through the weekend and the weeks ahead?
I was diagnosed with breast cancer on Thursday the 8th November. My eldest child finishes school this year and we were meant to be heading off to Europe on the 28th November for the trip of a lifetime which had been in the planning for 2 years and now I face the biggest challenge of my life and I'm absolutely terrified. My anxiety levels are through the roof and I can't sleep. I feel totally consumed by this cancer diagnosis. I saw my GP yesterday who is trying to get me into see my surgeon ASAP but I have to wait until Monday until I'll know some more. How do I get through the weekend and the weeks ahead?
138 Replies
- jennyssMemberDear @CathyMac, best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
ps. I was brought up in Canberra, and remember before the lake filled up! - MjhekeMemberThoughts and hugs to you @CathyMac
xx - SisterMemberAbsolutely...one day at a time. Take it easy, now.
- FlaneuseMember@CathyMac Yes, and sometimes it will be one hour at a time. Take great care of yourself. <3
- arpieMemberThinking of you @CathyMac .... rest up, yep, one day at a time xxxx
- CathyMacMemberHi all, thank you for the thoughts and wishes. I am home today and resting. Surgery went well but unfortunately the cancer was in my lymph nodes so it looks like a long hard road ahead. One day at a time right? Love to you all💕
- Giovanna_BCNAMemberHello @CathyMac hoping your surgery went well and that your are going ok. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.
- Doin_itMemberHey @CathyMac hope you’re going ok. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Our thoughts all seem to be with you xx
- kitkatbMemberHey @CathyMac Hope everything went well and you are not in too much pain. Thoughts have been with you. Like the others have said rest time now and take things nice and slow. Hugs xo