• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Yep
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,380
    Options
    It's not what people want to
    hear, particularly younger people, but we aren't all that good at preparing people for the big things in life - relationships, ending relationships, parenting (not just pregnancy and childbirth) and yes, death. That's the thing that's way out there, far beyond our ken and not happening for a long, long time. Until suddenly it might be. Understanding my death better was a major good outcome of bc for me. Not because I am terminal from bc (I'm not, cross fingers) but because it's an inevitable part of the joy of being alive. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Just been talking about that with another survivor.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,615
    Options
    Sadly, Given that up to 1/3 of women (and men) diagnosed with 'early' BC - 'got it all' - MAY go on to develop Mets ..... it is a wakeup call for everyone I fear and one that most of us are aware of!  :(  
  • BarbieAnne
    BarbieAnne Member Posts: 174
    Options
    I confronted my mortality at the age of 17 years when I started nurse training and so death was a natural part of my life It is different though when you are actually confronted with your own death threatening disease.
  • Bettyboo
    Bettyboo Member Posts: 33
    Options
    'I knew I needed to address the psychological debris left from cancer.' - omigosh, that says it all for me. Great article, thank you for posting this.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,615
    Options
    @Bettyboo   You are totally 'not alone' in that feeling of being a bit 'adrift'! xx  I'm glad the article helps you a bit!!