Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Field of Women

JuMuKu
JuMuKu Member Posts: 25
I attended FoW with my darling son today. It was a terrific and moving experience.  During our time on the G I spoke to a group of people with pink wigs. I was pleasantly surprised  and touched to hear that they were oncology staff from the same hospital.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Fantastic 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    That's wonderful. I loved the variety of people that were there. Marvellous.
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @kmakm Thankyou. "In the moment"-  I was trying to keep the tears from flowing. I lost! 

I am overcome that it took being diagnosed with BC to experience the warmth, love, support and fellowship of women in similar circumstances. 

To all who I was privileged and honoured to meet at the conference and stand with on the G (@kmakm @tigerbeth @zoffiel @Afraser @JJ70 @Finch) thankyou. 

@iserbrown I am sorry I missed you. Definitely next time. 

This experience has been worth all the saving and travelling. 

Annie

• kmakm
    One of my favourite photos from yesterday, @Annie C in the moment on the Field of Women.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    @AnnieC
    Sorry I missed you however knowing you were there was wonderful!  During the Ceremony when they mentioned people travelling far and wide, hubby and I were yelling out, don't forget to mention Derby
    Wasn't it amazing to learn people from New Zealand, Perth, FNQ et cetera came along
    Excellent event
    Take care and safe travelling home again 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,370
    That's a great photo, @AnnieC. It was a delight to meet you and enjoy your time here.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Lovely to spend time with you @Annie C
    enjoy the rest of your stay xx