Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Start a petition .....

Options
June1952
June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
Hello ladies

Following on from previous discussions highlighting the disappointment around the access to some drugs such as Ibrance and Kisquali, @arpie has provided a website for petitions.

www.change.org/start-a-petition

Perhaps some wonderful computer literate lady on here could set one up (maybe with the help of BCNA staff ?) and put a link on this site so all members can sign it.  Maybe the crowds will make those in higher offices realize that the drugs need to be more widely available.  Worth a go ?

For your information @Karen_C

@wendylou, maybe you could focus your passion on doing this petition ?

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,615
    Options
    Then we can all share it on Facebook, etc ..... 

It just needs to be eloquently written by someone who fully understands the double dutch way it has been written .....

To simplify it to a degree that our intended signees (who don't necessarily have BC but would probably know some who do) so that they can understand the unfairness of it all ..... and encourage THEIR friends/family to sign up as well.
  • June1952
    Options
    Hi @arpie
    Spot on !  That is why I wondered if BCNA could assist.  I am not even on Facebook so this would need someone else to start it off.  Hopefully someone will put their hand up.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Hi @arpie and @Summerhill38,
    BCNA is planning a strategy around advocacy in the 2nd line setting. We are very happy for you to continue promoting your petition  on line but we can see some challenges for you in how you have worded your ask. Danielle, our Director of Policy and Advocacy is happy to speak with you offline regarding how changing the focus of your petition may lead to greater success. Her email address is dspence@bcna.org.au.

• June1952
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi @Marianne_BCNA
    No-one has worded anything, to my knowledge.  Also, to my knowledge no-one even has started a petition.  That is why it was put out there and BCNA was mentioned as perhaps assisting with the wording.
    @arpie and I were just following up on the original posts which were closed.
    If someone wants to run with it then it is a good idea - if not, there no-one cares too much.
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Marianne_BCNA.  I too think you have the wrong idea here. @Summerhill38 and @arpie have not done a petition from what I can see, they have just tried to give an angry ant  a focus for her energy and frustrations.  Mis-reading posts is why things sometimes get out of hand on this site. Anne
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    I do apologise @Summerhill38 and @Blackwidow, we had incorrectly thought you had started the petition. The offer still stands however as it is important to get it right in terms of who you are targeting and what you are asking.