Phyllodes Tumour

Options
Auntieshell78
Auntieshell78 Member Posts: 11
Hi,
Im working my way through this breast issue of mine and would absolutely love some advice in regards to phyllodes tumours and also what questions I should ask the surgeon when I see them. The GP told me that when I have the mass removed then they can tell me for sure if there is malignancy there. Is that right? Love some help guys. Trying to feel confident but not sure. Thanks so much xxx

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Hi Shell,

I don't have any advice about that sort of tumour, but SoldierCrab put up some links on your first post which included a number for the BCNA help line. I think you should give them a ring (it's getting a bit late today, but they are there again tmoz) hey might be able to give you a bit of background info and some clues about what to ask.

I can give you some advice about that--ask everything. Either open a file on your phone or carry a note book around and write down any query that pops into your head. The trick is getting through the list when you have your appointment. Sometimes you stare at your list and can't figure out if you have been given the info already or not. Plough through it doggedly, every question on your list, regardless. I know that some surgeons can be intimidating, dismissive and time poor, but this is your story and you get to write some of the script.

Hopefully one of the others have had direct experience they can share with you. Mxx

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Hi, here's a link to the British equivalent of BCNA, & their explanation of phyllodes tumours. I, also don't have any direct experience with these tumours, but this website has been one of my go to sites, along with BCNA 

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/have-i-got-breast-cancer/benign-breast-conditions/benign-phyllodes-tumour

Hope it helps
  • Auntieshell78
    Options
    You guys are gold. Thanks. And yes will look into web tonight and call bcna tomorrow. Xxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello @Auntieshell78
    I have attached some information below which explains phyllodes tumours.  
    http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/phyllodes
    Dont hesitate to call the helpline which is open from 9 am till 6 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am till 5 pm Friday, the number is 1800 500 258.
  • Auntieshell78
    Options
    Thankyou sincerely xxx