Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Advice please ? Fellow her 2 bc on herceptin and perjeta..

Sam09
Sam09 Member Posts: 149
Hi ladies.   Just hoping any one else with her 2 positive breast cancer on herceptin and perjeta treatment can tell me if this treatment after over 15 months or down the track on these drugs  causes symptoms that come on now rather than in the beginning.  Has anyone suffered dizzy spells and nausea from these drugs further on in treatment? I did read somewhere in the US there were women who did experience this although unless symptoms present a majority pattern with lots of patients oncologists seems to fob them off and say things aren't symptoms but related to something else ..... anyone experience this ??

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Sam09 can I ask have you been checked to see if it is vertigo ?  I am not on the above drugs but got vertigo last year severely. I had some maneuvers which my chiropractor did which sorted it out.

He commented that some ladies with lower bone density after chemo  can have vertigo happen more regular than the general population 

• poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    edited June 2018
    Hi @Sam09. i didn't have Perjeta but had Herceptin for the year which finished 4 months ago . I still feel 'wonky' some days and have had a brain MRI to rule out other stuff. I did have BPV (benign positional vertigo) just before menopause and am dizzy when I don't get sleep ( a lot of the time!! ) not to the point of falling over or anything just a slight 'whoa, what was that'! No nausea