Strange arm, one year on.

Options
Bravo
Bravo Member Posts: 64
edited May 2018 in Day to day
I don’t know if this is something to be concerned about, but I’ll put it out there. I have had a successful lumpectomy a year ago, a month of radiation, and good health since. 
Last week my upper arm on the affected side began to feel tender to touch. It was almost a burning sensation when I brushed my hand across the skin. In the past few days it returns when I stretch my arm or push up into my armpit.  I had some sentinel nodes taken at the time of the surgery but none from in my armpit. I was told my arm would no be affected. 
I know there are lymph vessels in that region. Could it be related to the surgery, cancer, or sentinel nodes? 

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Could it be nerve regrowth in that area?
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Bravo could be nerve related for sure. I’d get it checked anyway. Perhaps you might benefit from some physio to help with the discomfort. I’m 2 years post and still benefit from the physio. Big hug. Margie 
  • Bravo
    Bravo Member Posts: 64
    Options
    It must have something to do with lymph vessels. I’d like to know what the cause is, but mostly I want to know if it will get worse, etc. This is a disease that keeps coming up with new ways to torture.